IMG_0005.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 130

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Woops answered on wrong thread - it is a Jay - lucky you, we used to have them here too. :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I thought jays were blue and black ???? This one has salmon pink and some other colours , was too far away to see properly .

:)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
I thought jays were blue and black ???? This one has salmon pink and some other colours , was too far away to see properly .

They are very colourful when you get a good look. We had a couple who regularly visited the garden here (this was before some of the trees in the field next door were cleared to build houses ... spit!) They have a "droopy moustache" marking which runs from the corner of the beak and down the sides of their necks - if you look at your photo again (particularly in "preview" then increase the size a bit,) you'll see this quite clearly on your bird. Also the colour you see is "right" ... I always thought that they were much more "drab" in colour, but no, they are quite stunning - well we think so here :p

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:

Don't take our word for it ... it is a Jay ... have a look for yourself.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/j/jay/index.asp

There are many 'British' birds at are very colourful, not least the Goldfinch, Bullfinch, Chaffinch, Firecrest, Bearded Tit, Blue Tit, Brambling, Cirl Bunting, Crossbill, Dartford Warbler, Dipper, Little & Great Crested Grebe, Grey Wagtail (looks more yellow than grey) Hawfinch, Yellow Wagtail, Waxwing ...

... just to mention but a few. :lol:

:wave:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I believed you as your dedicated twitchers . Nice bird and it is hard to get a clear view of it .Still as I took them pics from me kitchen door I'll probably get to see it again .

:D

Last edited:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Listen out for it Abarbarian - they have a distinctive "squawk" which you'll soon be able to pick out from the rest of the crow family... although they are also good mimics too ;) Hope you get more pics :thumb:

Ask a Question