Angry Birds theme parks heading to the UK

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Tomorrow, the Angry Birds invade space – but they also have Great Britain in their sights.

Insanely popular mobile games developer Rovio has already announced plans to launch an Angry Birds adventure park in its native Finland, but now it plans to do the same for the UK, according to Reuters.

c084265ed19542833d29e4da4ba3d643.jpg

It seems the company is looking to Disney as a muse but on a smaller scale, by planning to launch a series of 'themed activity parks' that are set to feature Angry Birds swings, slides, climbing walls and arcades.

Rovio marketing exec Peter Vesterbacka, says: "We want to make Angry Birds a permanent part of pop culture. We're just getting started. We can't afford to invest billions into theme parks. We are a tiny company from a tiny country."

Gravity-based puzzler Angry Birds Space launches on iOS, Android, PC and Mac tomorrow (Thursday, March 22nd).
Source: Mobile Entertainment

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I haven't even tried Angry Birds yet - is it any good? I thought it was a freebie but I see it for sale in shops.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I haven't even tried Angry Birds yet - is it any good? I thought it was a freebie but I see it for sale in shops.

I've played the free versions (found on the games section of another forum.)

It's a "strategy-puzzle" type game; quoting the Wiki blurb (for anyone who might not be familiar with it:
In the game, players use a slingshot to launch birds at pigs stationed on or within various structures, with the intent of destroying all the pigs on the playing field.
You have to progress through increasingly difficult levels, to zap the pigs. They're protected by various, imaginative structures which need to be collapsed in order to clobber the hapless piggies.

It's surprisingly addictive, quite funny and even a bit infuriating at times.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It's free, for Chrome users and a version for Android is free, but a lot of the 'series' is paid for. :)

It's surprisingly addictive, quite funny and even a bit infuriating at times. :nod:

Ask a Question