Trying to set up account, geting nowhere FAST!

Lenora

From: "Lenora" <[email protected]>
Subject: Understanding what Microsoft Communities
Date: Friday, September 14, 2007 5:41 PM

Hello out there!

What is Microsoft Communities all about? Is it something that comes with no
charge when you get Microsoft Vista? This is the 4th computer I've had
(besides ones at work). First a Compaq that I loaded everything I could
from work, the computer guy gave me stuff...did work at home, brought it
back to work, and visa versa.

Second was a re-built computer that was given to me by a man in the town we
had moved to...out of the goodness of his large heart. But because of an
illness and 2 1/2 months in and out of the hospital I simply forgot how to
operate it. it.

3d - ordered from Dell, Inc., it was a "Satan System" - translation Lemon.

4th - replaced by Dell, supposedly to be loaded exactly like original
("SS"); but nothing was same; Vista BUSINESS instead of HOME BASIC; packing
slip showed it had NORTON...NOT SO; and icon for MacAfee showed it was not
fully protecting it (now is after 6.5 on phone w/technicians from Dell and
McAfee). Not real thrilled with it, but trying to learn everything I can.

How do I go about creating an account? Etc. IP carrier tell me once that
my email domain is Alltel then Windstream; Windstream took over Alltel.
Told that my address would not change from Alltel, but every time I try to
go into something asking for user name/email address and/or password, all I
get is 'if you enter the information incorrectly for a 5th time, your
computer will lock up." Somebody please give me step-by-step instructions.
Thanks.

Lenora Andre
Live life fully, and
LOVE FORWARD!

Arvin Meyer [MVP]

You do not need an account to post to Microsoft or UseNet newsgroups. The
Microsoft Mail newsreader that you have will do just fine. However, every
newsgroup has a focus. Microsoft newsgroups are technology focused on
Microsoft products. This particular newsgroup ("community" in Microspeak) is
involved with answering questions about the Microsoft Access database
product.

If you have non technology interests, you may find that one of the over
100,000 UseNet newsgroups is more to your liking. They have newsgroups as
diverse as ... well let your mind wander, but no matter what you like,
you'll find someone with similar interests. If you are interested in UseNet,
call your ISP and ask him how to get connected. It should be free.