(Trying Again) Turn Off Clear Type in Aero

Tom

Hi All,

Is there a way to turn off Clear Type while using Aero. I have it off in the
settings in IE7. When I have Vista in Classic Mode, I can make the change
under Control Panel/Personalization/Window Color and Appearance and this
sticks. But when I turn on Aero, Favorites in the sidebar (in Firefox or
IE), toolbar text in Word, Excel, etc are clear type. Now the body of
messages, e.g in Outlook, Windows mail and in web pages are not clear type,
just the toolbars, favorites in those prgrams (I guess since I have Outlook
messages viewed in HTML, that won't happen there) . Interestingly, In Word,
Excel, PP, any text I add in Office programs are all in Clear type besides
the toolbars being that also.

Anyway to stop this in Aero, or is that its function that cannot be altered?

Thanks,
Tom

P.S.

Just in case you need to know, yes, the settings in Appearance are set to
"standard type" :).

mikeyhsd

have you tried running the Clear Type adjustment program from MS and turning it off using it. not tried because I like clear type.

(e-mail address removed)@sport.rr.com

[...]

Chad Harris

Sorry I can't find Tom's original thread to resond to. One more of a growing number of ectopic parts of threads split off from them--why I have no clue.

To turn off clear type--I think you're missing a link. Rt. click desktop>Personalization>Windows Color and Appearance>Open Classic Apperance hyperlink>effects>baddabing do whatcha want there on the check boxes.

CH
[...]

Thanks for the reply, but I guess you didn't catch my P.S. I did all that you said already, to no avail. Any ideas?
"Chad Harris" <vistaneedsmuchowork.net> wrote in message Sorry I can't find Tom's original thread to resond to. One more of a growing number of ectopic parts of threads split off from them--why I have no clue.