trouble opening a powerpoint presentation that is out on the NAS

When trying to open a powerpoint presentation we get the error message: Microsoft was unable to open or save this document. Please ensure that you have access privileges to read or write the document and that it is not encrypted. We have Win 2K SP4. PowerPoint 2002. The file opens fine on the clients C: drive but when we try and open it out on the network we get this error message. I had my client delete the file that was out on the network verify the one on his hard drive was fine and then try and resave it out on the Network and now he is getting an error message when he tries to resave it to the network. It was fine last week, we were able to open it from the Network but now we are not. I was assured it wasn't a space issue and we verified the file was not corrupt, also the filename isn't too long. any suggestions???? Thanks

Glen Millar

Hi,

Hopefully this may help:

Are you on a network?
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00122.htm

Else, ahve a look around the PowerPoint faq and you may find something more
helpful.

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP
http://www.powerpointworkbench.com/
Please tell us your ppt version, and get back to us here
Remove spaces from signature
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com