Trouble during launch debug.

Antares

Hi all,
When I launch the debug of my application from CF.NET,
usually in the output window I receive a message that
tells me: "Error: cannot establish a connection. Verify
that the device is physically connected to the computer."
Nevertheless my device already IS connected to my computer.
I use VS.NET 2003, PocketPC 2003, ActiveSync 3.7, and I've
installed PocketPC SDK 2003.
Could be an incompatibility between these components?

Thanks in advance.
denny

Alex Feinman [MVP]

Make sure that you have a network adapter in your development machine. If
you don't have one, install "MS Loopback Adapter"

Antares

1st) My device is on the cradle.
2nd) My development machine is already on the local network
3th) The debug works fine with PocketPC 2002 devices.
Until I installed PocketPC 2003 SDK I have no problem.
So, I think that it could be an ActiveSync bug with
PocketPC 2003 versions. (I use ActiveSync 3.7 English)

Christin Boyd [MS]

A good troubleshooting guide called "readme.htm" is avaliable online by
going to:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7ec99ca6-2095-4086-
b0cc-7c6c39b28762&displaylang=en

When you installed the SDK, did you also uninstall Active Sync?

Christin Boyd
Program Manager
Visual Studio, Smart Device Development
Microsoft Corporation

This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.