trouble displaying date after lookup

• Thread starter Josh Moore via AccessMonster.com
  • Start date
J

Josh Moore via AccessMonster.com

I have a table called "Seminar Dates" which has a seminar ID as the primary key and then a column with the seminar date and another column with the time.

I have another table with people who are coming/have come to the seminars. I have created a basic look up drop down box that displays the dates of the seminar.

However, once I select the date from the drop down box it turns into that short date format (dd/mm/yyyy) instead of the long date format (day, dd, month, yyyy) which is used in the "Seminar Dates" table.

I want the dates to display in the long format in the 'People' table once I have chosen it from the drop down box.

I can't use an input mask because the lookup wizard requires that the box be a 'Number' - not a 'Date/Time'.

Does anyone know how to beat this?

J

John Vinson

I have a table called "Seminar Dates" which has a seminar ID as the primary key and then a column with the seminar date and another column with the time.

I have another table with people who are coming/have come to the seminars. I have created a basic look up drop down box that displays the dates of the seminar.

However, once I select the date from the drop down box it turns into that short date format (dd/mm/yyyy) instead of the long date format (day, dd, month, yyyy) which is used in the "Seminar Dates" table.

I want the dates to display in the long format in the 'People' table once I have chosen it from the drop down box.

I can't use an input mask because the lookup wizard requires that the box be a 'Number' - not a 'Date/Time'.

Does anyone know how to beat this?

A date/time field is stored in a Table as a double float number - NOT
as a text string. The current time is 38371.7863888889 - which could
be displayed as "1/19/2005 6:52:24 PM" or as "Jan 19" or a "18:52" or
in any of a vast number of other formats.

Store the date in the table, as a date/time value. If you want to
display it on a Form or a Report, set the format property of the text
box on that form or report however you like. If you want to use the
table datasheet - recognize that table datasheets are NOT designed for
data presentation but for data storage, and *don't*.

John W. Vinson[MVP]

Ask a Question