Tried using Net use and getting errors

G

Familiar story, I have mapped network drives on a Windows Network, computer takes forever to finish booting. When I go into Windows Explorer, my five mapped network drives have red "X"s over them. A click on the drive connects me to the drive without any input. I have told Windows to reconnect at logon. I have tried using the net use command with no success. I get "System error 1326 has occurred." messages. What is Windows doing when I click on the networked drive in Windows explorer? What gets me is that I have three WinXp Pro clients connecting to a Win2000 server. Only one of the three XP clients has this issue.

G

Okay, got the net use command working, but I have to let the computer sit for two minutes before using it, otherwise I get errors. What is taking Windows so long to see the network when the machine boots up

----- David wrote: ----

Familiar story, I have mapped network drives on a Windows Network, computer takes forever to finish booting. When I go into Windows Explorer, my five mapped network drives have red "X"s over them. A click on the drive connects me to the drive without any input. I have told Windows to reconnect at logon. I have tried using the net use command with no success. I get "System error 1326 has occurred." messages. What is Windows doing when I click on the networked drive in Windows explorer? What gets me is that I have three WinXp Pro clients connecting to a Win2000 server. Only one of the three XP clients has this issue.

G

The exact error I am receiving is

"System error 67 has occurred

The network name cannot be found.

Symptoms include: long delay between when icons on desktop appear and windows start noise plays, inability to see large portion of windows network through windows explorer for quite a few minutes after boot

Okay, got the net use command working, but I have to let the computer sit for two minutes before using it, otherwise I get errors. What is taking Windows so long to see the network when the machine boots up

Ask a Question