Trending/charting absenteeism

G

I supervise about 40 employees who seem to have a high absenteeism rate. I need to be able to graph/chart the absenteeism for individual employees in order to identify any potential TRENDS. The absenteeism is not as important as being able to recognize trends. Example: (1) Employee may call off every 3rd Friday of month. (2) Call offs always are at least 2 consecutive days. (3) Calls off after each pay period. (4) Frequency of call offs presents pattern. Things like that. What would be the best way to capture this data for easy viewing in order to VISUALLY IDENTIFY ANY POTENTIAL REAL TRENDS? I have a timekeeping database from which I can capture dates and call off reason for entering into such a chart/graph.

G

----- Halfmooninn wrote: ----

I supervise about 40 employees who seem to have a high absenteeism rate. I need to be able to graph/chart the absenteeism for individual employees in order to identify any potential TRENDS. The absenteeism is not as important as being able to recognize trends. Example: (1) Employee may call off every 3rd Friday of month. (2) Call offs always are at least 2 consecutive days. (3) Calls off after each pay period. (4) Frequency of call offs presents pattern. Things like that. What would be the best way to capture this data for easy viewing in order to VISUALLY IDENTIFY ANY POTENTIAL REAL TRENDS? I have a timekeeping database from which I can capture dates and call off reason for entering into such a chart/graph

Your help is really needed.

J

Jon Peltier

This is a tricky one to do, but I guess you could make a few simple
checks. You could put your data into columns like this:

Date - Day of Week - Days Since Pay - Days Since Last Day Off - Excuse

and so forth; you could use formulas to help with some of these. Then
using a Pivot Table, you could compare the proportion of days off per
day of the week: if 40% are Friday, that's pattern. If they fall within
a couple days since the last payday, or if they are always 1 day after
the previous day off, you can start to investigate.

- Jon

Ask a Question