Access Transferring Microsoft Access database to a brand new desktop

Reaction score
Hi! I hope someone could help me out.

I am using this Microsoft Access that has a database that is as old as 20-30years on an old desktop. It has been passed down to me for generations that used to work on this Access. Used it as a contact list, and a Report Generator Software that I use to generate a report that I could print via Access. The database is working fine, but is super super super slow! (The computer CPU even have a floppy disk reader, and it takes 10 minutes for the desktop to start. That's how old the computer is!).

I bought a brand new desktop an updated one, and I wanted to transfer all data from the Microsoft Access and Report Generator Software to my new desktop. How can I do this without missing a single data?

Thank you for those people that would try and help me out.

CarleeDungee

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Carlee :). I have to confess, I know nothing about Microsoft Access - but I would imagine that you could simply use File > Save As to transfer the data to something like a USB drive (does your PC have a USB port?). Then, you could just copy it over to the new PC, assuming it is already running Microsoft Access. Hopefully the newer version of Access could still open and work with the old database.

How old is the original PC? A old as the database?!

Ask a Question