transferring data

Chad Portman

I have a list of data that extends for several thousand rows and over to
column T. Column E has a list of data that is only one of 4 things. I need to
transfer entire rows based on the option listed in Column E. If the 4 options
are follows: car, truck, van, and other. I need all the rows that say car to
be pulled from the sheet that has everything on it to the sheet named car and
the same thing for all the others. I was thinking of making a vlookup formula
for every column from A-T and then copy down but that would just result in
the same info over in over if I am not mistaken. Any help is appreciated.

Jim Cone

You have an answer at your post in the excel.misc group.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Chad Portman"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
I have a list of data that extends for several thousand rows and over to
column T. Column E has a list of data that is only one of 4 things. I need to
transfer entire rows based on the option listed in Column E. If the 4 options
are follows: car, truck, van, and other. I need all the rows that say car to
be pulled from the sheet that has everything on it to the sheet named car and
the same thing for all the others. I was thinking of making a vlookup formula
for every column from A-T and then copy down but that would just result in
the same info over in over if I am not mistaken. Any help is appreciated.

Chad Portman

I can not send the workbook to anyone for company reasons and the idea of
filter and copy paste does not work well cause something I forgot to mention
is the orginal list gets updated every 30 mins.