Touch Screen Microsoft Windows

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Microsoft have demonstrated their next version of Windows, which includes a Multi-Touch interface. This method of control has appeared on many electronic devices recently, most notably on the Apple iPhone:

"Scheduled for release in 2009 the new fingertip interface lets users enlarge and shrink photos, trace routes on maps, paint pictures or play the piano. Speaking at the All Things Digital conference in San Diego, the Microsoft Chairman said Windows 7 would incorporate new forms of communication and interaction.

Chief executive Steve Ballmer described the limited demo of the multi touch screen at the conference as "a small snippet" of the next version of Windows after admitting he wants "to do better" than Vista. Even though Vista has suffered from a poor public image and a lukewarm welcome from many firms and users, Mr Ballmer said the company has shipped 150 million copies of the programme."

Read more at the BBC.

Update : View the video at MSN.

Attachments

• microsoft.gif
    microsoft.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 964
Reaction score
Looks quite flash..But I know from my iPhone I am costantly wiping grubby finger marks off of it...

Ask a Question