Totaling Subtotals

Craig

Hello. I'm using Excel 2003.

I'd like to total the subtotals that Excel calc'd for me using the subtotals
function. I realize that Excel places a grand total at the bottom of the
data range. However, I have one field that is using a "Max" calculation ie,
"=subtotal(4, A1:A5000)"

I want to sum all of these "Max" calculations. However, when you use the
"=subtotal(9, A1:A5000)" formula, it doesn't sum all of the subtotal max
calcs - it sums the data only. So, this WON'T WORK.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jim Cone

Craig,