Top Five OpenNETCF

Harry Simpson

I've just now started to get into the Smart Device Framework and was
wondering what the top five or ten handiest features were from those that
have really gotten into using it.

I've got a chance to completely rewrite an app which scans, prints, needs to
transparently sync incrementally, will use a web service and also RDA Pull .

Are there features that have made life a lot easier that are your favorites?

TIA
Harry

There's so much stuff in there now (there are well over 5 man-years of work
invested in the library) I have a hard time guessing what a top 5 might look
like. It's really dependent on what problem yoiu're solving. The
networking stuff is useful for wireless management. Several of the UI
controls help get your point across a little better to the user. I'm a fan
of the extended threading and LargeIntervalTimer. The DeviceManagement and
PowerManagement stuff is pretty handy in a lot of cases. The list goes on
and on.

Harry Simpson

Thanks Chris!

It's a super accomplishment for sure. Is there any overview document
briefly describing the features that I could view and then dig down and
utilize the feature?

I suppose the sample apps kinda do this but an overview of just what
capabilities are would be killer!

Hats off to the whole team that input into this!!

Harry

As Chris said, look at the library, I believe nDoc has been used to generate
this library so will reflect everything that is available within the SDF.

For me, I've found the DeviceManagement class and some of the networking
stuff very useful.

Harry Simpson

Thanks Simon,

It's kinda like visiting a large city for the first time. Sure you can
browse through the yellow pages but still not a have a good idea of where
the sweet spots are.
I'll nDoc through to see if there is anything that just sticks out as
interesting.

Thanks
Harry

Sure I understand. We also find the ConnectionManager very useful for
connecting to our APN. Using this class has saved us a lot of work. The
EventLog class is also quite valuable.
--
Simon Hart
Visual Developer - Device Application Development MVP

"<ctacke/>" <ctacke[at]opennetcf[dot]com> wrote in message
There's so much stuff in there now (there are well over 5 man-years of
work invested in the library) I have a hard time guessing what a top 5
might look like. It's really dependent on what problem yoiu're
solving.
The networking stuff is useful for wireless management. Several of the
UI
controls help get your point across a little better to the user. I'm a
fan of the extended threading and LargeIntervalTimer. The
DeviceManagement and PowerManagement stuff is pretty handy in a lot of
cases. The list goes on and on.

--

Chris Tacke, eMVP
Join the Embedded Developer Community