Top 4 scores in excel

maff

Hi
I need a formula which will total the top 4 scores out of 6. The scores
would be in cells B4,D4,F4,H4,J4,L4 The cells in between these would have
data that is not relevant to the scores. I've tried LARGE from a formula I
googled but that didn't work, I probably did it wrong.
Thanks for any help offered

maff

Hi Jim
Thanks for the reply, I tried what you suggested but it just returns #NUM. I
must be still doing something wrong. Sorry, I posted my original message
again by mistake

"maff" wrote in message
Hi
I need a formula which will total the top 4 scores out of 6. The scores
would be in cells B4,D4,F4,H4,J4,L4 The cells in between these would have
data that is not relevant to the scores. I've tried LARGE from a formula I
googled but that didn't work, I probably did it wrong.
Thanks for any help offered

maff

Hi
Thanks for that, I looked at it again and I had done it wrong, it works fine
now

Thanks Jim

"Jim Cone" wrote in message
The #NUM error can occur when you use the wrong type of data.
ALL six cells should contain numbers - no blanks, no text, no quote marks
allowed.
If they are "real" numbers they will align to the right in the cell.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"maff" <[email protected]>