From: "fem" <[email protected]>
Subject: tmp files not deleting in spool\printer folder
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:37:16 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

Hello,

would anyone know why the .tmp files wouldn't delete off
windows 2000 server in c:\winnt\system32\spool\printer
folder. We have to manually delete this .tmp files of
regualarly. any ideas.

Thanks,
fem
-----

Check to make sure the option "Keep printed documents" is not checked on the Advanced tab of the printer(s) properties. I
have also seen this with some printers when the option "Enable bidirectional support" is checked on the Ports tab of the
printer(s) properties. The last think I can remember that I have seen cause this is if the anti-virus program is set to do a real
time scan of the %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers folder. It is normally best to not do real time scanning on this
folder.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

fem

thanks i'll try doing this.

fem