Windows XP Thorconnwndclass

Reaction score
I have a problem with Outlook, running on Windows 2000 pro.
It tends to crash overnight, probably when the Symantec virus checking is being done. The only clue is that when the computer is shut down it brings up a message about THORCONNWNDCLASS. There is no application that I know of that involves this.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
I am running Outlook on XP pro and I occasionally get the THORCONNWNDCLASS message appearing. I have seen some quoted solutions from US websites but I am nit sure how effective they. Does anyone know of a solution that is proven to work?

Reaction score
Who knows anything about this querky program

Like the previous responders, I am now getting email download blocks and only note that the quirky program "ThorConnWndClass" is not responding when I restart the computer.

Restarting usually settles the issue, but not always. Microsoft database has nothing on the issue. From a review, scattered around the internet, it appears that this is a mail server problem.

I use Road Runner and their technical support knows nothing about it, or at least the person I talked with!

Someone out there must be the 'guru' of the "ThorConnWndClass" world and could explain it or take credit for getting the 'acronym' on many of our computers while blocking email downloads.

Thanks
RBR Charlotte NC

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
2005 ... 2006 ... 2007

wow, long time no fix, ain't MS grand.:lol:

OK, try this ...

cancel all “send and receive” operations in OutLook. Next remove all emails from your "Outbox" (by either deleting them or moving them to the “Draft” folder). Next shutdown OutLook and then click on the “Start” button on the lower left-hand side of the Window’s taskbar, then click on “Run” now type in “regsvr32.exe inetcomm.dll” without the quotation marks, so it looks like this:

regsvr32.exe inetcomm.dll

Note the space between .exe and inetcomm.dll and hit “Enter” on the keyboard.

The computer will execute the command. If all goes well in a few moments a dialog box will appear and state “dll registered successful”

Now open OutLook and compose a very simple text message to the same email account that was having the problem and hit "Send". The email should now send correctly and you should receive it in your “Inbox”. Now you can recompose the emails that you had to delete earlier or open them from the “Draft” folder and hit “Resend” on each one.

HTH, and no, I no nothing about Outlook, but Mr Google is my friend. :D

Reaction score
At first I was impressed to have found the answer to my problem with an error message "ThorConnWndClass" for which Muckshifter seemingly had the cure. I did just what was suggested and still have a problem sending emails - they just get stuck in a "sending" mode but never send.

Anything on this you can share. I'm sure others have similar headaches.

Ask a Question