This will cheer you up.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Weather bad feeling a little down in the dumps :cry:

Cheer yourself up with this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17543356

I could increase my standard of living instantly by emigrating to any of these countries. :lol:

• Georgia
  • Azerbaijan
  • Egypt
  • Thailand
  • Armenia
  • Dominican Republic
  • Moldova (Republic of)
  • Mongolia
  • Syrian Arab Republic
  • Kyrgyzstan Republic
  • India
  • Philippines
  • Pakistan
  • Tajikistan

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm puzzled, the link you give takes me to a table of worldwide wage earners (which I'd already seen a couple of days ago on the BBC online news) and it we come 5th and all the countries you've listed are below us.

Unless I'm missing something here? :confused:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Countries Abarb has listed all have a lower average wage than UK, so if we could live off our £££'s in those countries we would be better off.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
All figures are adjusted to reflect variations in the cost of living from one country to another.

go ahead :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This is all basically B_____ks innit?

Goods cost cheaper elsewhere but salaries usually always match the price of the goods, so gains in lifestyle living are negligible. Weigh up the local lifestyles and customs and security and you may want to reconsider. Some nations place a lot less value on life than the UK. And yes, all you cynics and critics of the UK, sometimes you forget that you could be considered almost privileged to live here over other parts of the world, despite what The Daily Mail may preach to you.

I was born here and I will die here. Love the whole wide world, I embrace other cultures, I still love the UK, so all you moaners - SHUT UP!

Thank you for listening, oh my brethren ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm puzzled, the link you give takes me to a table of worldwide wage earners (which I'd already seen a couple of days ago on the BBC online news) and it we come 5th and all the countries you've listed are below us.

Unless I'm missing something here? :confused:

Blimey what a strange set of responses :confused:

There is a calculator on the page and I put in my monthly income and I am better of than anyone living in the countries I listed. However in UK standards I am well below the official poverty line. That is according to that survey.
I have no intention of emigrating and am reasonably happy with the way I live at the moment. More loot or the opportunity to earn some would be nice.
So thanks for the offer of the lift to the airport but not today.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Abarbarian,

It is not easy as you think it is no matter how much anyone tries to convince me. I moved from a country listed in your original post to the US and I know how different it is from where I was. It is not the question of this is better or the the previous home was better, it a lot more than that. It is about priorities and the future, it is gaining one thing and loosing the other. Each one of us has different set of priorities.

My point of view is not to demean your post or criticize your way of thinking it is just my viewpoint and that is all.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Abarbarian,

It is not easy as you think it is.

Yet another strange reply :confused:

FROM MY ORIGINAL LINK,

Do you earn more or less than the world's average wage? Type in your monthly salary and we'll give you the answer.

So I did and got the answer

Your wage is $588. The world average is $1,480.
Your wage is 19% of the United Kingdom average and 40% of the world average.

So I am well below the UK average but could live pretty well in the countries I listed.

Anyways I'm of back to planet Zeeee :lol:

Reaction score
:lol:I was joking, but we have been to the USA and love it as a visitor but as far as living out there that is another question. Here we have a pretty good safety net(at the moment)but I am now at the age that I am worrying what is happening especialy about elderly care and the NHS both things we as individuals have all paid into during our working lives and now when we may need to use them they are being broken up and private companies for profit are getting involved :( I am not so sure about this Great Britian any more it seems to me that we will end up back in Victorian days where the rich are going to be looked after and the poor it is the workhouse for the rest of us.:cry:

Reaction score
thanks for cheering me up you cumbrian barbarian! ::)

I see still causing havoc lol

Ask a Question