"This image file format not supported"

When using web component "Photo Gallery" and adding a particular group of jpg
pictures I get the following error "This image file format not supported" .
I've created many galleries at this site with other images with no problems.
I've tried to rename the pictures, open and close them in PhotoShop, nothing
works???

thanks.

Steve Easton

Make sure the images are created and saved with / are using the rgb color format and
**not** the cmyk color format used by printers.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

Rick Budde

Did you perhaps get a PSD (Photoshop native format)
picture in your selection? The web (and thus the
Photogallery web component) supports only jpg, gif and
png format files.

Steve:

Checked the pictures, they are all rgb. I am using a Sony digital movie
camera that also takes stills. I have a lot of these before and after the
pictures in question and all work expect this one batch? Any other ideas.
Thanks.

Jon Spivey

In photoshop hit File -> Save For Web. This will fire up ImageReady where
you can optimise your pictures as needed then save as .jpg

Jon:

The pictures are already .jpg Thanks.

Jon Spivey said:
In photoshop hit File -> Save For Web. This will fire up ImageReady where
you can optimise your pictures as needed then save as .jpg

Thomas A. Rowe

However, it appears they are not in the correct JPEG format that is supported by FP.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Checked, all files are .jpg

Rick Budde said:
Did you perhaps get a PSD (Photoshop native format)
picture in your selection? The web (and thus the
Photogallery web component) supports only jpg, gif and
png format files.

Thomas: OK, what .jpg formats are supported by FP and can PhotoShop change a
..jpg format?

Thomas A. Rowe

Yes, PhotoShop can change the subformat, check for the option to save as RGB and not CMYK.

On the web you have to use JPG with a RGB format only.
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Just because you give a file the .jpg file extension,
does not mean that it is a true .jpg file. I can save a
word document as document.jpg, but is still a word
document

Mike Mueller

Read the whole thread---
***** I am using a Sony digital movie camera that also
takes stills

Last time I checked, cameras don't save pictures in Word

(e-mail address removed) wrote:
: Just because you give a file the .jpg file extension,
: does not mean that it is a true .jpg file. I can save a
: word document as document.jpg, but is still a word
: document
:: Thomas: OK, what .jpg formats are supported by FP and
:: can PhotoShop change a ..jpg format?
::
:: "Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:
::
::: However, it appears they are not in the correct JPEG
: format that is supported by FP.
:::
::: --
::: ==============================================
::: Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
::: WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
:::
::: FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
::: ==============================================
::: To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage
::: support see:
::: http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
:::
::: in message : (e-mail address removed)...
:::: Jon:
::::
:::: The pictures are already .jpg Thanks.
::::
:::: "Jon Spivey" wrote:
::::
::::: In photoshop hit File -> Save For Web. This will
::::: fire up ImageReady where you can optimise your
::::: pictures as needed then save as .jpg
:::::
::::: --
::::: Cheers,
::::: Jon
::::: Microsoft MVP
:::::
::::: in message : (e-mail address removed)...
:::::: Steve:
::::::
:::::: Checked the pictures, they are all rgb. I am using a
:::::: Sony digital movie camera that also takes stills. I
:::::: have a lot of these before and after the pictures in
:::::: question and all work expect this one batch? Any
:::::: other ideas. Thanks.
::::::
:::::: "Steve Easton" wrote:
::::::
::::::: Make sure the images are created and saved
: with / are using the rgb color
::::::: format and
::::::: **not** the cmyk color format used by printers.
:::::::
::::::: --
::::::: Steve Easton
::::::: Microsoft MVP FrontPage
::::::: 95isalive
::::::: This site is best viewed..................
::::::: ...............................with a computer
:::::::
::::::: "DToburen" <[email protected]>
::::::: wrote in message : (e-mail address removed)...
:::::::: When using web component "Photo Gallery" and
:::::::: adding a particular group of jpg
:::::::: pictures I get the following error "This image
:::::::: file format not supported" .
:::::::: I've created many galleries at this site with
:::::::: other images with no problems.
:::::::: I've tried to rename the pictures, open and close
:::::::: them in PhotoShop, nothing
:::::::: works???
::::::::
:::::::: thanks.
:::::::
:::::::
:::::::
:::::
:::::
:::::
:::
:::
:::
:: .

Mike Mueller

Try right clicking on the file and choose properties,
summary, advanced and see what it says for color
representation. My Sony CC shows up as sRGB, and they work
fine

Instead of just opening and closing the images, try resaving
them if you have not done so already

DToburen wrote:
: When using web component "Photo Gallery" and adding a
: particular group of jpg pictures I get the following
: error "This image file format not supported" . I've
: created many galleries at this site with other images
: with no problems. I've tried to rename the pictures, open
: and close them in PhotoShop, nothing works???
:
: thanks.

You've obviously never tried the new and improved Bill
Gate's Photo Capture Thingamabob, newly introduced by our
friends at Microsoft ;-)

Mike Mueller

And how do you install

<snip>
the new and improved Bill Gate's Photo Capture Thingamabob
</snip>

onto your camcorder?

: You've obviously never tried the new and improved Bill
: Gate's Photo Capture Thingamabob, newly introduced by our
: friends at Microsoft ;-)
: >Last time I checked, cameras don't save pictures in Word
: >
: >[email protected] wrote:
: >: Just because you give a file the .jpg file extension,
: >: does not mean that it is a true .jpg file. I can save
: a
: >: word document as document.jpg, but is still a word
: >: document
: >:: Thomas: OK, what .jpg formats are supported by FP and
: >:: can PhotoShop change a ..jpg format?
: >::
: >:: "Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:
: >::
: >::: However, it appears they are not in the correct JPEG
: >: format that is supported by FP.
: >:::
: >::: --
: >::: ==============================================
: >::: Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
: >::: WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
: >:::
: >::: FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links,
: etc.
: >::: ==============================================
: >::: To assist you in getting the best answers for
: FrontPage
: >::: support see:
: >::: http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
: >:::
: >::: in message : >: (e-mail address removed)...
: >:::: Jon:
: >::::
: >:::: The pictures are already .jpg Thanks.
: >::::
: >:::: "Jon Spivey" wrote:
: >::::
: >::::: In photoshop hit File -> Save For Web. This will
: >::::: fire up ImageReady where you can optimise your
: >::::: pictures as needed then save as .jpg
: >:::::
: >::::: --
: >::::: Cheers,
: >::::: Jon
: >::::: Microsoft MVP
: >:::::
: >::::: "DToburen" <[email protected]>
: wrote
: >::::: in message : >: (e-mail address removed)...
: >:::::: Steve:
: >::::::
: >:::::: Checked the pictures, they are all rgb. I am
: using a
: >:::::: Sony digital movie camera that also takes stills.
: I
: >:::::: have a lot of these before and after the pictures
: in
: >:::::: question and all work expect this one batch? Any
: >:::::: other ideas. Thanks.
: >::::::
: >:::::: "Steve Easton" wrote:
: >::::::
: >::::::: Make sure the images are created and saved
: >: with / are using the rgb color
: >::::::: format and
: >::::::: **not** the cmyk color format used by printers.
: >:::::::
: >::::::: --
: >::::::: Steve Easton
: >::::::: Microsoft MVP FrontPage
: >::::::: 95isalive
: >::::::: This site is best viewed..................
: >::::::: ...............................with a computer
: >:::::::
: >::::::: "DToburen" <[email protected]>
: >::::::: wrote in message : >: (e-mail address removed)...
: >:::::::: When using web component "Photo Gallery" and
: >:::::::: adding a particular group of jpg
: >:::::::: pictures I get the following error "This image
: >:::::::: file format not supported" .
: >:::::::: I've created many galleries at this site with
: >:::::::: other images with no problems.
: >:::::::: I've tried to rename the pictures, open and
: close
: >:::::::: them in PhotoShop, nothing
: >:::::::: works???
: >::::::::