Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A few problems

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Lots (like me)

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi,

I own a Dell inspiron 5100 and it has been back so many time for hardware problems:

CD Drive - complete failier

Monitor - Several Gray dots appear

Keyboard - No. 1 Key Dead

CD Drive (again) - same problem

Hard Drive - Corrupted!

Each time i phoned Dell they tried to put me through to a pay-to-use software centre (im still in warrenty) they evan told me to pay £250.00 for a new keyboard because they would not repare it.

Eventually after a lot of complaning, they are going to replace my PC with a brand new one.

Just thought this may put you off buying a dell!

Reaction score
KGB.. £250.00?.. For The Keyboard!! .. lol I Wouldnt Want Dell To Quote Me For A Monitor.. Not At Those Prices!

KGB Yep I Know You Ment £25.00 :)

Thanks For The Tip About Dell.. As I Have Been Snooping At The Idea Of Upgradeing/Repair

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Had my Dell for about 5 months now, and its not even crashed yet.

I'm extremely happy with it. I've had no problems upgrading parts on it either. I've bought a new Graphics card, sound card, PSU and another Hard Drive and they've all gone in without a glitch really.

Looks like i was just lucky then :D.

If something goes wrong though, i think ill just replace it myself. I've had no luck what so ever returning goods to any online shop/distrabuter in the past!

Reaction score
Hi Again,

i am not joking Dell asked me to pay £250.00 For a keyboard (laptop internal) Its stupid because i was under warrenty!

NO MISTAKE - Two hundred and fifty pounds!

Reaction score
my dad's business uses dell's, imo most UK business' use dells. never heard of any major probs.

all those people can't be wrong.

rocket fingers?

Ask a Question