The Simpsons Hit & Run

I have installed this games but each time I try to play i get the following message
D3Derr_INVALID CALL
CODE 2156,FACILITY 2166
SEVERITY 1
DIRECT X ERROR
Can anyone please tell me what to do ?????

Jimmy S.

Hi jyebum,

That appears to be a program error. It's possible that the
game is not installed correctly (A), your drivers are outdated
(B), or there is something causing a software conflict there(C).

One other possibility is that your video card doesn't support
Transform & Lighting which is a requirement of that game.
Here's a list of cards which do not support Hardware T&L:
S3 Video Cards
SiS Video Cards
ATI Rage 128 Cards
NVIDIA TNT/TNT2/VANTA
Intel Video Card/Chipsets
Trident Video Cards
Most Mobility Chipsets
Diamond Video Cards
Rendition Video Cards
3dfx Video Cards

A)
--
Here's how to properly install or reinstall a game (and/or patch):
1. Backup any saved games and/or mods to a safe location.

B)
Try updating your Video drivers using the instructions at: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers

C)
1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
blockers using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_full.htm

2. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com Afterwards
Download & Run Spybot from: http://security.kolla.de to find any
Trojans, Adware, or Spyware which could clog up your system.

3. Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive & Choose Properties
/ Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the "Tools" Tab and run
the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.

4. Go to the Windows Update site for everything under Critical and
Recommended: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| I have installed this games but each time I try to play i get the following message
| D3Derr_INVALID CALL
| CODE 2156,FACILITY 2166
| SEVERITY 1
| DIRECT X ERROR
| Can anyone please tell me what to do ?????

A.A. Fussy

Jimmy,
I can run T&L games on Intel Extreme Graphics in software T&L mode-eg. Max
Payne 2 demo will runs, as does Call of duty demos.
Jimmy S. said:
> [...]

2. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com Afterwards
Download & Run Spybot from: http://security.kolla.de to find any
Trojans, Adware, or Spyware which could clog up your system.

3. Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive & Choose Properties
/ Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the "Tools" Tab and run
the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.

4. Go to the Windows Update site for everything under Critical and
Recommended: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| I have installed this games but each time I try to play i get the following message
| D3Derr_INVALID CALL
| CODE 2156,FACILITY 2166
| SEVERITY 1
| DIRECT X ERROR
| Can anyone please tell me what to do ?????

Good that eliminates one of the possibilities I mentioned. :)

Cheers,
Jimmy.