DirectX Error!

Bill

Hi. I installed The Simpsons Hit & Run today for PC. The installation went
by fine, but now when I try to play it, I get the following DirectX error:

"DirectX Error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL, Code: 2156, Facility:2166, Severity:1"

I have DirectX 9.0b on my Windows XP Pro machine. If someone could please
help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Bill

Jimmy S.

Hi Bill,

Lets run a diagnostic of your system to see if we can pinpoint the problem.

In order to Create a dxdiag.txt file: Click Start / Run / type: DXDIAG
Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network Tabs;
Afterwards click the "Save All Information..." button in the bottom row.

To post the DX diagnostic information, open the file in notepad, click Edit
/ Select All / Copy and then Paste the data into your post using Ctrl+V. If
you use Outlook Express Click Insert / File Attachment. I hope this helps!

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| Hi. I installed The Simpsons Hit & Run today for PC. The installation went
| by fine, but now when I try to play it, I get the following DirectX error:
|
| "DirectX Error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL, Code: 2156, Facility:2166, Severity:1"
|
| I have DirectX 9.0b on my Windows XP Pro machine. If someone could please
| help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Thanks in advance!
| Bill

Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage

What video card are you using?
Thanks,
Aaron C. Smith
Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage
(e-mail address removed)
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

Bill said:
I ran all the tests, and they all turned out successful.
I have included the results from all 4 of the tests in the attachment.

Thanks,
Bill.
Jimmy S. said:
Hi Bill,

Lets run a diagnostic of your system to see if we can pinpoint the problem.

In order to Create a dxdiag.txt file: Click Start / Run / type: DXDIAG
Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network Tabs;
Afterwards click the "Save All Information..." button in the bottom row.

To post the DX diagnostic information, open the file in notepad, click Edit
/ Select All / Copy and then Paste the data into your post using Ctrl+V. If
you use Outlook Express Click Insert / File Attachment. I hope this helps!

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| Hi. I installed The Simpsons Hit & Run today for PC. The installation went
| by fine, but now when I try to play it, I get the following DirectX error:
|
| "DirectX Error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL, Code: 2156, Facility:2166, Severity:1"
|
| I have DirectX 9.0b on my Windows XP Pro machine. If someone could please
| help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Thanks in advance!
| Bill

Bill

NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64.

Thanks,
Bill.

Jimmy S. said:
Hi Bill,

Lets run a diagnostic of your system to see if we can pinpoint the problem.

In order to Create a dxdiag.txt file: Click Start / Run / type: DXDIAG
Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network Tabs;
Afterwards click the "Save All Information..." button in the bottom row.

To post the DX diagnostic information, open the file in notepad, click Edit
/ Select All / Copy and then Paste the data into your post using
Ctrl+V.
If
you use Outlook Express Click Insert / File Attachment. I hope this helps!

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| Hi. I installed The Simpsons Hit & Run today for PC. The
installation
went
| by fine, but now when I try to play it, I get the following DirectX error:
|
| "DirectX Error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL, Code: 2156, Facility:2166, Severity:1"
|
| I have DirectX 9.0b on my Windows XP Pro machine. If someone could please
| help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Thanks in advance!
| Bill

Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage

Bill,
Try the driver from the following location:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_53.03
Thanks,
Aaron C. Smith
Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage
(e-mail address removed)
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

Bill said:
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64.

Thanks,
Bill.

"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
Hi Bill,

Lets run a diagnostic of your system to see if we can pinpoint the
problem.

In order to Create a dxdiag.txt file: Click Start / Run / type: DXDIAG
Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network Tabs;
Afterwards click the "Save All Information..." button in the bottom row.

To post the DX diagnostic information, open the file in notepad, click
Edit
/ Select All / Copy and then Paste the data into your post using Ctrl+V.
If
you use Outlook Express Click Insert / File Attachment. I hope this helps!

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
Contact
My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
rights.

| Hi. I installed The Simpsons Hit & Run today for PC. The installation
went
| by fine, but now when I try to play it, I get the following DirectX
error:

| "DirectX Error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL, Code: 2156, Facility:2166,
Severity:1"

| I have DirectX 9.0b on my Windows XP Pro machine. If someone could
please
| help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Thanks in advance!
| Bill

Jimmy S.

Hi Aaron,

You can get that information directly from the DX Diagnostics:

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

It's one of the reasons I ask for the posters to run that test. :)

| What video card are you using?
| Thanks,
| Aaron C. Smith
| Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage
| (e-mail address removed)
| * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
|

| | > I ran all the tests, and they all turned out successful.
| > I have included the results from all 4 of the tests in the attachment.
| >
| > Thanks,
| > Bill.
| > >
| > > Lets run a diagnostic of your system to see if we can pinpoint the
| > problem.
| > >
| > > In order to Create a dxdiag.txt file: Click Start / Run / type: DXDIAG
| > > Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network Tabs;
| > > Afterwards click the "Save All Information..." button in the bottom row.
| > >
| > > To post the DX diagnostic information, open the file in notepad, click
| > Edit
| > > / Select All / Copy and then Paste the data into your post using Ctrl+V.
| > If
| > > you use Outlook Express Click Insert / File Attachment. I hope this
| helps!
| > >
| > > --
| > > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| > >

| > > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| > Contact
| > > MS Support at:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| > rights.
| > > _________________________________________________________

| > went
| > error:
| > > |
| > Severity:1"
| > > |

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Bill

Ok, I did what you said, restarted, but still same error.

Thanks,
Bill
Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage said:
Bill,
Try the driver from the following location:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_53.03
Thanks,
Aaron C. Smith
Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage
(e-mail address removed)
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

Bill said:
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64.

Thanks,
Bill.
[...]

So, any other ideas?

Thanks,
Bill.
Jimmy S. said:
Hi Aaron,

You can get that information directly from the DX Diagnostics:

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

It's one of the reasons I ask for the posters to run that test. :)

"Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:%[email protected]...
| What video card are you using?
| Thanks,
| Aaron C. Smith
| Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage
| (e-mail address removed)
| * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
|

| | > I ran all the tests, and they all turned out successful.
| > I have included the results from all 4 of the tests in the attachment.
| >
| > Thanks,
| > Bill.
| > >
| > > Lets run a diagnostic of your system to see if we can pinpoint the
| > problem.
| > >
| > > In order to Create a dxdiag.txt file: Click Start / Run / type: DXDIAG
| > > Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network Tabs;
| > > Afterwards click the "Save All Information..." button in the bottom row.
| > >
| > > To post the DX diagnostic information, open the file in notepad, click
| > Edit
| > > / Select All / Copy and then Paste the data into your post using Ctrl+V.
| > If
| > > you use Outlook Express Click Insert / File Attachment. I hope this
| helps!
| > >
| > > --
| > > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| > >

| > > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| > Contact
| > > MS Support at:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| > rights.
| > > _________________________________________________________

| > went
| > error:
| > > |
| > Severity:1"
| > > |

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage

I missed the post where he attached his dxdiag.txt
I know you can get that and get the HWID and a whole lot of other info.

Jimmy S. said:
Hi Aaron,

You can get that information directly from the DX Diagnostics:

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

It's one of the reasons I ask for the posters to run that test. :)

"Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:%[email protected]...
| What video card are you using?
| Thanks,
| Aaron C. Smith
| Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage
| (e-mail address removed)
| * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
|

| | > I ran all the tests, and they all turned out successful.
| > I have included the results from all 4 of the tests in the attachment.
| >
| > Thanks,
| > Bill.
| > >
| > > Lets run a diagnostic of your system to see if we can pinpoint the
| > problem.
| > >
| > > In order to Create a dxdiag.txt file: Click Start / Run / type: DXDIAG
| > > Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network Tabs;
| > > Afterwards click the "Save All Information..." button in the bottom row.
| > >
| > > To post the DX diagnostic information, open the file in notepad, click
| > Edit
| > > / Select All / Copy and then Paste the data into your post using Ctrl+V.
| > If
| > > you use Outlook Express Click Insert / File Attachment. I hope this
| helps!
| > >
| > > --
| > > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| > >

| > > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| > Contact
| > > MS Support at:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| > rights.
| > > _________________________________________________________

| > went
| > error:
| > > |
| > Severity:1"
| > > |

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Bill

I've been trying different things since yesterday, but have no clue as to
what the problem is. If anyone has any suggestions, please do help!

/
| > Contact
| > > MS Support at:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| > rights.
| > > _________________________________________________________

| > went
| > error:
| > > |
| > Severity:1"
| > > |

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage

Bill,
Your hardware acceleration is turned all the way up right?
Thanks,
Aaron C. Smith
Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage
(e-mail address removed)
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

Bill said:
So, any other ideas?

Thanks,
Bill.
Jimmy S. said:
Hi Aaron,

You can get that information directly from the DX Diagnostics:

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

It's one of the reasons I ask for the posters to run that test. :)

"Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:%[email protected]...
| What video card are you using?
| Thanks,
| Aaron C. Smith
| Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage
| (e-mail address removed)
| * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
|

| | > I ran all the tests, and they all turned out successful.
| > I have included the results from all 4 of the tests in the attachment.
| >
| > Thanks,
| > Bill.
| > >
| > > Lets run a diagnostic of your system to see if we can pinpoint the
| > problem.
| > >
| > > In order to Create a dxdiag.txt file: Click Start / Run / type: DXDIAG
| > > Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network Tabs;
| > > Afterwards click the "Save All Information..." button in the
bottom
row.

| > > To post the DX diagnostic information, open the file in notepad, click
| > Edit
| > > / Select All / Copy and then Paste the data into your post using Ctrl+V.
| > If
| > > you use Outlook Express Click Insert / File Attachment. I hope this
| helps!
| > >
| > > --
| > > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| > >

| > > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or
Call
/
| > Contact
| > > MS Support at:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| > rights.
| > > _________________________________________________________

| > went
| > error:
| > > |
| > Severity:1"
| > > |

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Bill

I would guess so. I would I know?

Thanks,
Bill.
Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage said:
Bill,
Your hardware acceleration is turned all the way up right?
Thanks,
Aaron C. Smith
Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage
(e-mail address removed)
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

Bill said:
So, any other ideas?

Thanks,
Bill.
Jimmy S. said:
Hi Aaron,

You can get that information directly from the DX Diagnostics:

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

It's one of the reasons I ask for the posters to run that test. :)

"Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:%[email protected]...
| What video card are you using?
| Thanks,
| Aaron C. Smith
| Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage
| (e-mail address removed)
| * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
|

| | > I ran all the tests, and they all turned out successful.
| > I have included the results from all 4 of the tests in the attachment.
| >
| > Thanks,
| > Bill.
| > >
| > > Lets run a diagnostic of your system to see if we can pinpoint the
| > problem.
| > >
| > > In order to Create a dxdiag.txt file: Click Start / Run / type: DXDIAG
| > > Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network Tabs;
| > > Afterwards click the "Save All Information..." button in the
bottom
row.

| > > To post the DX diagnostic information, open the file in notepad, click
| > Edit
| > > / Select All / Copy and then Paste the data into your post using Ctrl+V.
| > If
| > > you use Outlook Express Click Insert / File Attachment. I hope this
| helps!
| > >
| > > --
| > > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| > >

| > > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or
Call
/
| > Contact
| > > MS Support at:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| > rights.
| > > _________________________________________________________

| > went
| > error:
| > > |
| > Severity:1"
| > > |

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Jimmy S.

No worries, it happens to the best of us. :)
What do you think we can do about Bill's problem. The driver
update hasn't corrected the issue. It's good to have someone
from the Triage assisting us here. I welcome your input. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| I missed the post where he attached his dxdiag.txt
| I know you can get that and get the HWID and a whole lot of other info.
|

| "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
| | > Hi Aaron,
| >
| > You can get that information directly from the DX Diagnostics:
| >
| > ---------------
| > Display Devices
| > ---------------
| > Card name: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64
| > Manufacturer: NVIDIA
| > Chip type: RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro
| >
| > It's one of the reasons I ask for the posters to run that test. :)
| >
| message | > | What video card are you using?
| > | Thanks,
| > | Aaron C. Smith
| > | Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage
| > | (e-mail address removed)
| > | * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| > | rights.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |

| DXDIAG
| Tabs;
| row.

| click
| Ctrl+V.
| > | helps!

| http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| /
| > | http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top

| installation
| DirectX
| > | > > |
| > | > > |
| > | > > |

| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >

| > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| rights.

Bill

Yes, it is on Full, like in the screenshot.

Thanks,
Bill.
Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage said:
Please see the above screen shot....
Make sure that the slider on the acceleration tab is all the way up.
Thanks,
Aaron C. Smith
Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage
(e-mail address removed)
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

Bill said:
So, any other ideas?

Thanks,
Bill.
Jimmy S. said:
Hi Aaron,

You can get that information directly from the DX Diagnostics:

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

It's one of the reasons I ask for the posters to run that test. :)

"Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:%[email protected]...
| What video card are you using?
| Thanks,
| Aaron C. Smith
| Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage
| (e-mail address removed)
| * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
|

| | > I ran all the tests, and they all turned out successful.
| > I have included the results from all 4 of the tests in the attachment.
| >
| > Thanks,
| > Bill.
| > >
| > > Lets run a diagnostic of your system to see if we can pinpoint the
| > problem.
| > >
| > > In order to Create a dxdiag.txt file: Click Start / Run / type: DXDIAG
| > > Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network Tabs;
| > > Afterwards click the "Save All Information..." button in the
bottom
row.

| > > To post the DX diagnostic information, open the file in notepad, click
| > Edit
| > > / Select All / Copy and then Paste the data into your post using Ctrl+V.
| > If
| > > you use Outlook Express Click Insert / File Attachment. I hope this
| helps!
| > >
| > > --
| > > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| > >

| > > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or
Call
/
| > Contact
| > > MS Support at:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| > rights.
| > > _________________________________________________________

| > went
| > error:
| > > |
| > Severity:1"
| > > |

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

A.A. Fussy

Your RIVA TNT2 Model 64 may not support hardware transform and lighting
(T&L). The Simpsons Hit & Run may require a video card with support for ware
transform and lighting (T&L) to run.

Bill said:
So, any other ideas?

Thanks,
Bill.
"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
Hi Aaron,

You can get that information directly from the DX Diagnostics:

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

It's one of the reasons I ask for the posters to run that test. :)

message | What video card are you using?
| Thanks,
| Aaron C. Smith
| Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage
| (e-mail address removed)
| * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
|

| | > I ran all the tests, and they all turned out successful.
| > I have included the results from all 4 of the tests in the attachment.
| >
| > Thanks,
| > Bill.
| > >
| > > Lets run a diagnostic of your system to see if we can pinpoint the
| > problem.
| > >
| > > In order to Create a dxdiag.txt file: Click Start / Run / type:
DXDIAG
| > > Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network
Tabs;
| > > Afterwards click the "Save All Information..." button in the bottom
row.

| > > To post the DX diagnostic information, open the file in notepad,
click
| > Edit
| > > / Select All / Copy and then Paste the data into your post using
Ctrl+V.
| > If
| > > you use Outlook Express Click Insert / File Attachment. I hope this
| helps!
| > >
| > > --
| > > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > > Jimmy S.
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

| > > Game FAQs:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call
/
| > Contact
| > > MS Support at:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
confer
any
| > rights.
| > > _________________________________________________________

| > went
DirectX
| > error:
| > > |
| > Severity:1"
| > > |

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
Contact
My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
rights.

Neil Dela Osa [MS]

I am checking up on the game requirements now. A.A. Fussy is correct. The
RIVA TnT Model 64 does not support hardware Texture & Lighting (T&L). If
the game requires it to run it will not run on that card and will display a
Direct3D error message.

Please do not send email directly to my alias. This alias is for newsgroup
posting only.
Bill said:
Yes, it is on Full, like in the screenshot.

Thanks,
Bill.
Please see the above screen shot....
Make sure that the slider on the acceleration tab is all the way up.
Thanks,
Aaron C. Smith
Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage
(e-mail address removed)
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

So, any other ideas?

Thanks,
Bill.
"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
Hi Aaron,

You can get that information directly from the DX Diagnostics:

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

It's one of the reasons I ask for the posters to run that test. :)

message | What video card are you using?
| Thanks,
| Aaron C. Smith
| Microsoft Video Driver OCA Triage
| (e-mail address removed)
| * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers
no
| rights.
|

| | > I ran all the tests, and they all turned out successful.
| > I have included the results from all 4 of the tests in the
attachment.

| > Thanks,
| > Bill.
| > >
| > > Lets run a diagnostic of your system to see if we can
pinpoint
the
| > problem.
| > >
| > > In order to Create a dxdiag.txt file: Click Start / Run / type:
DXDIAG
| > > Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network
Tabs;
| > > Afterwards click the "Save All Information..." button in the
bottom
row.

| > > To post the DX diagnostic information, open the file in notepad,
click
| > Edit
| > > / Select All / Copy and then Paste the data into your post using
Ctrl+V.
| > If
| > > you use Outlook Express Click Insert / File Attachment. I hope
this
| helps!
| > >
| > > --
| > > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell /
User
| > > Jimmy S.
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

| > > Game FAQs:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or
Call
/
| > Contact
| > > MS Support at:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer
any
| > rights.

| > went
DirectX