The server unexpectedly closed the connection?

Susan

I have FP2003, Windows XP Pro, IIS 5.1 on laptop. I have been experiencing
problems with Publishing and obtain message in log "The server unexpectedly
closed the connection."

I also think this is related to my problems with trying to download Windows
Updates which took me numerous times because I would lose the connection.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks,
Susan

Peter R. Fletcher

It sounds as if you have a flaky internet connection. I would talk to
my ISP!

I have FP2003, Windows XP Pro, IIS 5.1 on laptop. I have been experiencing
problems with Publishing and obtain message in log "The server unexpectedly
closed the connection."

I also think this is related to my problems with trying to download Windows
Updates which took me numerous times because I would lose the connection.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks,
Susan

Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange.
Peter R. Fletcher

Susan

I am going to have BellSouth check my phone line. There has been a lot of
static on it lately.
I have had ISP for years and never had serious problems. Maybe I will know
something by the end of next week.

Peter R. Fletcher

Yes. If you are still accessing the internet by dial-up, a bad
telephone line could well be the problem.

I am going to have BellSouth check my phone line. There has been a lot of
static on it lately.
I have had ISP for years and never had serious problems. Maybe I will know
something by the end of next week.

Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange.
Peter R. Fletcher

Susan

Please tell me one thing though. If a person was publishing a page and the
server for the website closed the connection, would that affect my
connection to the www with IE? I would think that I would still be able to
use IE to access msn.com, etc. without having to signon again.

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

No, the server closing the connection will not affect you DUN
connection.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.