The server extensions were unable to access the file "frontpg.lck"

Uses: Windows XP + Service Pack 2, Frontpage 2002, IIS 5 + IISLockdown
+Frontpage 2002 Server Extension;

Below is my previous posting to this group and I'm sorry to reposted to it,
cos 'm yet to get a solution for this problem.

When I'm trying to create a new web, I get the following error message:

server error: The server extensions were unable to access the file
"frontpg.lck". Please check the file permissions.

Is there any solutions for this? I wittnessed that I can open my previous
projects/webs made with Frontpage, but doesn't allow to create a new one. I
also followed the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309394&sd=tech

but it's for Frontpage 2000 and not for Frontpage 2002. Isn't there a KB
Article for this kind of an issue?

Any response on this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Just delete the file via Windows Explorer.

If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

"Hifni Shahzard" <HifniShahzard [at] discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
Still didn't help. May I know what causes this error? or what might be reason
behind this? Isn't there a specific solution?

--
Mohammed Hifni Shahzard Nazeer,
JB Securities Pvt. Ltd.,

Stefan B Rusynko said:
When you run IIS lockdown you need to set it for FP
See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=817807 and
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=325864 plus
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307976/

SBR [at] ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/De fault.aspx

"Hifni Shahzard" <HifniShahzard [at] discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:20A4B6C9-CA80-412C-A272-7B3C668A291B [at] microsoft.com...
| Hi,
| Uses: Windows XP + Service Pack 2, Frontpage 2002, IIS 5 + IISLockdown;
|
| When I'm trying to create a new web, I get the following error message:
|
| server error: The server extensions were unable to access the file
| "frontpg.lck". Please check the file permissions.
|
| Is there any solutions for this? I wittnessed that I can open my previous
| projects/webs made with Frontpage, but doesn't allow to create a new one.
| Also to note is my computer has been installed with Visual Studio.NET 2003
| and Dreawweaver MX, which I'm using to create ASP.NET sites.
|
| Any response on this is greatly appreciated.
|
| Thank you,
|
| --
| Mohammed Hifni Shahzard Nazeer,
| JB Securities Pvt. Ltd.,
| Colombo.

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Have you seen this article?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;297322
--
===
Tom [Pepper] Willett

About FrontPage 2003:
http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
===
| Hi,
| Uses: Windows XP + Service Pack 2, Frontpage 2002, IIS 5 + IISLockdown
| +Frontpage 2002 Server Extension;
|
| Below is my previous posting to this group and I'm sorry to reposted to
it,
| cos 'm yet to get a solution for this problem.
|
| When I'm trying to create a new web, I get the following error message:
|
| server error: The server extensions were unable to access the file
| "frontpg.lck". Please check the file permissions.
|
| Is there any solutions for this? I wittnessed that I can open my previous
| projects/webs made with Frontpage, but doesn't allow to create a new one.
| also followed the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309394&sd=tech
|
| but it's for Frontpage 2000 and not for Frontpage 2002. Isn't there a KB
| Article for this kind of an issue?
|
| Any response on this is greatly appreciated.
|
| Thank you,
|

| Just delete the file via Windows Explorer.
|
| --
| ==============================================
| Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| ==============================================
| If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
| a Service Pack or security update, please contact
| Microsoft Product Support Services:
| http://support.microsoft.com
| If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
| security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.
| ==============================================
|
| "Hifni Shahzard" <HifniShahzard [at] discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
| message
| news:B0840BC1-906A-41B4-BC49-D29F914A46D5 [at] microsoft.com...
| > Still didn't help. May I know what causes this error? or what might be
reason
| > behind this? Isn't there a specific solution?
| >
| > --
| > Mohammed Hifni Shahzard Nazeer,
| > JB Securities Pvt. Ltd.,
| > Colombo.
| >

| > "Stefan B Rusynko" wrote:
| >
| >> When you run IIS lockdown you need to set it for FP
| >> See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=817807 and
| >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=325864 plus
| >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307976/
| >>
| >> --
| >>
| >> _____________________________________________
| >> SBR [at] ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| >> "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| >> To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| >> http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/De fault.aspx
| >> _____________________________________________
| >>

| >> "Hifni Shahzard" <HifniShahzard [at] discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
| >> news:20A4B6C9-CA80-412C-A272-7B3C668A291B [at] microsoft.com...
IISLockdown;
| >> |
message:
| >> |