Cannot find frontpg.lck

bondg

Our site is divided into many subwebs, with each having its own 'junior
webmaster'. Now, for reasons we can't determine, when any of the juniors
tried to delete a file in his/her own subweb an error is returned and the
file is of course, not deleted. The error reads as follows:

Server Error: The server extensions were unable to access the file
"frontpg.lck". Please check the file permissions. Contact your internet
service provider or web server administrator for more information.

Well, our 'senior webmaster' is clueless himself as to what this means or
how to fix it. In addition, he doesn't seem to care.

I need to be able to tell him how to fix this. Please help.

We're running FrontPage 2003 against a web server on Windows Server 2003 and
IIS6 with all service packs.

Stefan B Rusynko

Did you search for all frontpg.lck files and delete them?
Has your webmaster checked permissions in IIS