The publisher could not be verified

Igor Kramaric

Hi,
I'm running .net control hosted in IE (IE6.0 updated + windows XP SP2). This
message displays each time user enters the page.

Is there any way to avoid this? Any idea, please...

So far I tried to modify most of the IE settings, I lowered security
settings to minimum, I'm getting it still also when I access my local
webserver.
I checked around, lot of the people complain about this message (e.g.. when
trying to open downloaded files ), none of them has this particular problem
with .NET control in IE.

Igor Kramaric, dev. engineer

P.S. SP2 was not installed separately, XP pro was already distributed
together with SP2 (this seems to be the problem)

Lloyd Dupont

I'm investigating similar issues.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you should strong sign your assembly and
provide a certificate certify by a public insternet authority such as
VeriSign, etc...

Igor Kramaric

Thanx but, providing a certificate is in my case not acceptible:
- application use some third party binaries that are not signed
- not forseen with project budget
- application is limited for LAN use

ANY other idea?

Shocking thing is that this problem occures ONLY on WinXP with built in SP2
(preinstalled SP2). What can I expect from IE7.0?

Igor Kramaric, dev. engineer