The Pig Flies Again

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
APTOPIX_Britain_Pink_Floyd_Animals_244x183.JPEG
A police boat is seen on the Thames river below an inflatable pink pig, which was made famous on the sleeve of the 1976 Pink Floyd album 'Animals', and flies once again over Battersea Power Station in south west London, Monday, Sept. 26, 2011, 35 years later, to announce the launch of the reissue and collector's edition of "Why Pink Floyd....?". (AP Photo/Joel Ryan) (Joel Ryan)

(AP) LONDON — It's a bird, it's a plane — no, it's a pig, floating above London.

The 30 foot by 15 foot (9 meter by 4.5 meter) inflatable porker soared Monday over the derelict Battersea Power station — an image famous from the cover of Pink Floyd's 1977 album "Animals."

The scene was recreated to mark the release of remastered versions of Pink Floyd's 14 studio albums.

Organizers had hoped to use the original vinyl pig, which has been in storage for 35 years. But it was found to be leaky, and a replica was created instead.

There was no replay of the moment during the 1976 photo shoot when the original pig broke free of its moorings and floated into the flight path for Heathrow Airport. It was later found in a farmer's field
Source: CBS News.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
They've re-mastered Pink Floyd's catalogue again?

They really are looking to squeeze every last penny from their legacy aren't they?

I have all of their official stuff, my faves are La Vallee (Obscured By Clouds) & The Division Bell. Worst one (imo) is The Final Cut closely followed by The Wall.

On vinyl I have:

Saucerful Of Secrets; Soundtrack from the film More; Meddle; La Vallee (Obscured By Clouds) Dark Side Of The Moon; Wish You Were Here and The Wall.

You could say I'm a fan and it's good to see Pigs across the water gain :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... pops on me headphones and the Division Bell ... me likes Pink Floyd. :)

you can keep the pig