The oddest Problem Ever - IE need help

Reaction score
Well, I already typed out a huge explanation only to have it gone because I had not logged in yet.... *sigh* such is life

Problem

Files missing destroyed gone gone gone through a HP system restore function that was supposed to only re-install original programs and drivers.. Lost 15 GB of pictures/documents to the wide open spaces.

Programs used to try to recovery lost files
Back2life 2.32 - deep scan
Restoration
PC Inspector- deep scan

Pulled the HD out of her machine and threw it into mine so that there would not be any loss due to new files being written and if I recover I can write them to my HD first.

There is more, IE her computer was riddled with viral infection/ad ware and was completely trashed to begin with. Someone pulled it out and ran some anti virus software but then they re-restored it, it lost the files then...... Anyone else have good idea on what to use? I have like 30$ for this if I have to buy something but frankly there are so many "junk" programs that just look for "deleted" files that are really just hidden by one digit of code, not so good for deep recovery. Also if I have to, where in UT could I go to a good shop that could help? or AZ as I might just take her HD Home with me for Christmas.

Komarue
(email removed for your security: mucks)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
There is more, IE her computer was riddled with viral infection/ad ware and was completely trashed to begin with. Someone pulled it out and ran some anti virus software but then they re-restored it, it lost the files then...... Anyone else have good idea on what to use?
Unless you have a few grand to spare you have no chance doing it yourself.

Our recomendation ...

http://www.disklabs.com/

good luck! ;)

Reaction score
Disk labs will want about £450 to recover a hard drive.

Moving thread to correct forum section ;)

Reaction score
Well, for the first time the computer beat me...

We found a place that was willing to take a gander at it and attempt to recover what they could for around 100$ US. We will see, if not I don't think either of us starving college students has 500-1000$ to retrieve photos' and documents. Any who, thanks for your help, I just thought I would try, pretty much knew we were screwed.

Thanks bunch!

Komarue

Ask a Question