The name could not be matched to a name in the address list

error: The name could not be matched to a name in the address list

Server: windows 2003 SBS with exchange server running.
client: winxp pro, outlook 2003

I add an exchange account on server, and when configure outlook 2003 account
then after inputed server name,then input account name, then press "check
name"button, it shows above error message.

I can ping server name. and if I input the other account name, it check ok.

Someone have the same problem? I used google to search many those same
problem, but no good answer.

maybe another mvp or user can save me

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

have you triple checked to verify the account name is exactly as you are
typing? have you tried using a partial name and selecting it? How long did
you wait after creating the account?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Anthony Alvarado - MVP ASP.NET" <Anthony Alvarado - MVP
news:[email protected]...