The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively

asamol_it

" The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon
interactively"

I get this message with I try to log on as a domain user. The administrator
account can logon without any errors. I understand this is a GP issue but
with win2k how do I find the problem.
Setup: win2k server w/AD running TS
Client: win2k member server

Matthew Harris [MVP]

Go into the user rights portion of your group policies and
give each user the ability to "log on locally"

-M

asamol_it

Thank you,
I'm on it...alex
Matthew Harris said:
Go into the user rights portion of your group policies and
give each user the ability to "log on locally"

-M

asamol_it

I added the TS group and the user to "log on locally" Group Policy Ran the
secedit /refreshpolicy user_policy /enforce and also the machine refresh
policy. I'm still getting the same error, "The local policy of this system
does not permit you to logon interactively"
Must be some other policy blocking this logon...any other thoughts......

Matthew Harris [MVP]

If you are in a domain, make sure that you have the right
to logon locally in your domain security policy.

-M

asamol_it

I thought we have been talking about the default domain security policy all
along...[yes this is a DC running TS]
So to backup, are you saying I need to change the security policy on the
member server that I'm using as the TS client...
a;ex

Matthew Harris [MVP]

Sorry to be so confusing. I just meant to adjust the
domain security policy, like the link says to. You
shouldn't need to adjust anything on the client, only on
the server.

Did you do that and it didn't have any affect?

-M