The invisible man ???

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Just got this this morning (see pic) . Now flops is a great guy, but really theres no need for him to move in , I'm sure that I'll sort me pc out eventualy me problems ain't that large . Great idea though a roving PCReview expert in home for speedy solutions . Neat . :thumb:

Attachments

• 2007-04-20_120459.png
    2007-04-20_120459.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 123
Reaction score
Within your profile you should be able to tick not to get an update when something new is posted.:thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
But the concern is why it came to him. ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
feckit said:
Within your profile you should be able to tick not to get an update when something new is posted.:thumb:

I know that thanks , but the e-mail was for floppybootstomp , hence the post . :D Like I said nice guy but if he moves in he'll try to make me give up smoking :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had a couple of PMs over the last year about issues like this, and I really don't know why it happens - I even changed the mail software on the server thinking it was that. I guess now that it has happened again it must be something to do with the forum software as it has only happened on new reply notifications.

I'll check the vBulletin forum and see if there is anything on it :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK I found the problem in the log and it appears that the forum software received a pause error from the mail server and yet continued to send information, resulting in an e-mail going to you. I think I may know how to fix this, as I will prevent vBulletin sending in batches. I've changed this option now :)

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
yeah i have had this problem before, recieving muchshifters notifications every now and then....:confused:

Thanks for fixing it Admin :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Has that got something to do with the forum going down for a few seconds a minute or tow ago?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
chelseafc2005 said:
yeah i have had this problem before, receiving muchshifters notifications every now and then....:confused:

Thanks for fixing it Admin :thumb:
ah ha ... and that then may explain why I didn't get them ... hand 'em over. :D

I want to be notified of any replies to my posts ... helps me remember who I'm trying to upset, err, help. :thumb:

I sometimes make comments in posts, just so I can keep an eye on them via notifications ... big brother always watching. :D

:user:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
V_R said:
Has that got something to do with the forum going down for a few seconds a minute or tow ago?
Yeah unfortunatly, I upgraded the mail server software just to be sure and the install program just decided to restart the server! Hopefully both these changes will fix the mail server issue :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I thought it might just be a glitch in some software . No need for me to get extra food and beer in then :D

Ask a Question