The Google PC!

Reaction score
Well no great shock that this has happened is it really...:rolleyes:

Wonder how long it'll be before people start getting a bit tired of Google this, Google that...

Google is planning to provide an own-brand Windows-less PC and sell the low-cost system through a partnership with retail giant Wal-Mart. The machine and/or the sales deal could be announced as early as this coming Friday.

So claims the Los Angeles Times, citing unnamed sources. Whether they've seen the text of Google co-founder Larry Page's Consumer Electronics Show keynote, which he'll make in Las Vegas on Friday, isn't clear, but it's suggested that the talk will cover the new box.

Full article can be found here http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/03/google_pc_claim/

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
A very interesting development indeed! Microsoft have already vowed to "bury" google, so I'm sure they'll be pleased with this ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well I'm surprised MS don't build there own PCs ... oh no, wait ... MS would have to use Linux to get it to work.

:D

Wal-Mart ... Hmmm, Asda ... oh heck.

Hey wait a mo' ... I could open a repair shop right next to our local Asda ... could use the same trolleys too. :cool:

Reaction score
[
QUOTE=muckshifter]Well I'm surprised MS don't build there own PCs ... on no, wait ... MS would have to use Linux to get it to work.

:D

Wal-Mart ... Hmmm, Asda ... oh heck.

Hey wait a mo' ... I could open a repair shop right next to our local Asda ... could use the same trollies too. :cool:
[/QUOTE]
You could Wheely get Linux up and running then mucks:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm quite disappointed now, I was interested in seeing what they could do ;)

Ask a Question