The Cold Weather

Reaction score
I was going to be putting in a new fence today but the weather nearly beat me.
Not much fun trying to dig post holes in frozen ground.
The petrol driven auger does not like frozen ground!

Cracked the ice on the bird bath for our little feathered friends & put plenty of seed out as well.
And got to watch the Robin, Wagtails & Crows in the garden getting the food left out. :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Aye its grand . Theres been white grass and roofs all day here even though the suns been shinning . Luverly . Time to chuck another log into the burner .

:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's going to be -5 here tonight according to the weather report, so heating is on full blast :)

Was a lovely sunny clear day though, so it's just a shame it's so cold!

Reaction score
It's bittter cold tonight. I could not feel my hands when I got home from work!

I remember last week the weather was warm during the day, it's a shame it's got so cold.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Cor blimey what a bunch of wussies . Cold frosty days and nights are really beautiful . Enjoy natures beauty don't waste your energy moaning .

psd99 didn't yer mum ever tell you about them old fashioned things you cover your hands with in winter , now what did they call em , hmmmmmmmm , could they be GLOVES .

:p
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
psd99 didn't yer mum ever tell you about them old fashioned things you cover your hands with in winter , now what did they call em , hmmmmmmmm , could they be GLOVES .

:p
laughingsmiley.gif

mmm
Gloves? they are for wussies!

Thought you were a northerner, you must be a soft northerner then!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yay! PSD99 hits base! Way to go.....

'Ya big thick Northern git'

'Southern Jessie'

'Aye oop lad, where's brains?'

'Ya big stuck up Southern pooftah'

Ad infinitum, ad nausea......

We're all Brits lads :)

Me? Born in Birkenhead, raised in SE London, and really quite fond of everybody who's not a complete total tosser :)

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
Oh for peats sake I could give you all some lessons about cold. :p

Try standing at a bus stop in -56C with a breeze blowing and then we'll talk. :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
-56 thats pretty cold and unusuall even for your part of the world ain't it . Bet everything look just great whith that luverly white frosting everywhere . -29C is the coldest I have experienced up in the hills around here . An that was out on the tops one night a few years back when we had some real weather . Was great out in the moonlight too cold for decent snowballs though .

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Spezi said:
Oh for peats sake I could give you all some lessons about cold. :p

Try standing at a bus stop in -56C with a breeze blowing and then we'll talk. :D

I didn't think it would get that cold in BC!

I've heard of places like Yellowknife somewhere up north in Canada but -56C in BC?

What part you from?

Reaction score
I'd take frosty sunny weather over anything, I like it; it's refreshing. With having really bad hayfever I can't stand the Summer, so Winter is the best time of the year for me. I only like hot weather when abroad, hot weather and the UK is just something that shouldn't be mixed.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Jason.369
hot weather and the UK is just something that shouldn't be mixed

It is ...with loads of lager and wireless in the garden :)

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
psd99 said:
I didn't think it would get that cold in BC!

I've heard of places like Yellowknife somewhere up north in Canada but -56C in BC?

What part you from?

Where I live now (Okanagan Valley) it doesn't get quite that cold. Every now and then maybe in the minus twenties or so but it can get much colder in northern BC.

We're in the very southern part about a two hour drive from the US border.

I experienced that cold encounter in Saskatoon actually and it did factor in to my decision to move here. :)

I'll tell you when it hits -56C it's a tad crisp out. :eek:

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
Jason.369 said:
I'd take frosty sunny weather over anything, I like it; it's refreshing. With having really bad hayfever I can't stand the Summer, so Winter is the best time of the year for me. I only like hot weather when abroad, hot weather and the UK is just something that shouldn't be mixed.

I just finished mixing hot weather with Antigua and I have to say that was quite pleasant.

Attachments

• Antigua.jpg
    Antigua.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Antigua2.jpg
    Antigua2.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Ask a Question