The Breakfast Club

Reaction score
Has anyone here heard of a movie called "The Breakfast Club"?

I had my american friend stay and its his fave movie and he almost disowned us because we hadn't seen it!!

I managed to get a hold of it the other day (even the rental shop didn't have it!!) and i watched it - its truly awesome! One of the best movies i have seen in a long long time even though it was made in 1985!

I have asked around and it seems it never made it big over here - no-one except my uncle has seen it but all my american contacts love it...

Wondering if anyone here has seen it? if not you should get it!!!!

Oh yeah...almost forgot...

it's about 5 kids who each have done bad and are in school on a saturday for detention.

Theres a Geek, the prom queen, the pikey, the goth and the sports team one and it's about how they find they have more in common with each other than they thought after 8 hours of arguing, talking, breaking rules, destruction etc etc

Stars Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy, Antony Micheal Hall, Judd Nelson, Emilio Estivez, Paul Gleason

Its suprisingly better than it sounds...

5 out of 5 stars i'd rate it...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I saw it about 6-7 years ago for something to do with a "media studies" course at school... I don't know if I didn't like it because I was a) Too Young, b) It was part of a lesson I didn't like, c) Just not my cup of tea.

I didn't think it was too bad, but not my sort of film ;)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Im more of a gangsta flick guy meself. Anything deniro, pacino or pesci is quality in my opinion. But if i do come across that breaky club i might have to give it a try.

Anyone else watch The Sopranos? the new series started last thursday at 10 pm on E4.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I think you have to be around 16 to appreciate it
That would probably by why I guess, I would have been around 13, so I hadn't quite hit onto the "teenage rebellion years" as per the film ;)

Ask a Question