The ADP file is not in the correct format for a Microsoft Access project

G

That's the error message I get when I try to link to or import an Excel spreadsheet. This is in a database that was working fine one day, and having this problem the next. The only thing I can find in KnowledgeBase, or MS in general has to do with Bookmarks, which I'm not using at all. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
I've just had the same problem. I was tring to import an Excel spreadsheet into Access - has worked perfectly on the previous occasions that I have had to use this particular database. I was opening Access and locating the spreadsheet to import using *.* within the relevant directory, got same error message as you. When I selected .xls in the file type, rather than using *.* in filename, the file imported correctly. Access would appear to not recognise .xls extensions as Excel unless you specifically tell it in the "Files of type" box.

Good Luck!

Ask a Question