Test the Out of Office Assistant?

Hollenbeck, Christopher J.

Is it possible to test whether a user has their Out of Office assistant
on? Reason I ask is that I want to develop a tracking
"macro"/subroutine that can be called when assigning custom tasks to
users where I can test whether the person is "out of the office" and
prompt the current user on whether or not to assign the task to that
person. Is this possible? I have only seen the ability to test my
personal Out of Office settings using the session object after creating
a CDO session (the property is OutofOffice), looks something like:

Set objSession = ,,False,False
objSession.Logon
MsgBox objSession.OutOfOffice 'returns True if Out of Office Assistant
is turned on

I understand the reasoning why it returns mine, since I don't provide
another profile to log the session into, but even providing a different
mailbox name didn't seem to work either...

Just curious if someone had a solution already out there...

Thanks,

Chris

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Does it work if you use a dynamic login to log onto the other person's
mailbox (assuming your account has permission)?

Hollenbeck, Christopher J.

By dynamic login are you referring to an account with sufficient mailbox
privileges to "mimic" another user? Would I need to create a profile
each time for a specific user's mailbox? If I had an Admin account
(mailadm) and I wanted to check Test User's account (testuser) how does
the session login line reflect that? With the reading that I have done,
I understood that the session object referred to my session...

Posted At: Monday, February 16, 2004 7:57 PM
Posted To: program_forms
Conversation: Test the Out of Office Assistant?
Subject: Re: Test the Out of Office Assistant?

Does it work if you use a dynamic login to log onto the other person's
mailbox (assuming your account has permission)?

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

See the Help topic on CDO's Session.Logon method for a detailed explanation
of how to perform a profileless logon using the server name and mailbox
alias only.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of