Terminal Services

G

I have a Windows 2000 Small Business Server with 10 terminal services licenses and the server is fully licensed and operational.

The problem is that the client has 10 windows xp machines connected to the server on the local wire and the profiles for each of the users are perfect. Jump from machine to machine and the profile transfers without problems. Now the problem is that the owner wants the identical desktop from his desktop on his terminal services profile. He knows about the 256 color limit and all the drives are identical and mapped correctly as if he was at his workstation

Now the problem is that the icons and the desktop are not perfect. I have tried everything to get them to be in the exact same position but it refuses to display properly on the terminal services. Now the desktop on the workstation is fine and works, but the terminal services does not.

Is this a flaw with 2000 and or is it the problem with the differences with the 2000 perception of profiles and XP pro

Thanks.

G

I assume that your running a domain.. Instead of terminal services why don't you just setup roaming profiles for each user?
Why terminal services?

G

Roaming profiles are fully enabled. The owner demands terminal services since the application that is required for the company is data intensive and we tried VPN, dial up VPN but the speed is not the same as if it was on terminal services.

The problem is that he wants his desktop profile at his workstation to be identical on his terminal services desktop. Is it possible?

Ask a Question