Temp probes

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i've just remembered after my mods earlier that i had never instaled all of the temp probes on my fan controller. where am i supposed to mount the hard drive probe ? i am also going to put in the GPU probe and as i have to remove the heatsink i will need to reapply the thermal paste will it be ok to put on a thermal pad instead of using paste?

Last edited:
Reaction score
not ok, no thermal pad, i almost broke a pin off my CPU because of a thermal pad.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
on the CPU i used a pad but will it be ok to use a pad on the GPU?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It will be OK to use a thermal pad on the GPU but I'd strongly advise against it, those things are awful.

Use paste, it be mucho better for sure :)

And you stick the hard drive probe on the hard drive casing somewhere, wherever it's hottest, usually on the shiny silver side.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I am looking for a good, acurate temp probe type thing for monitering various temps around my PC, I also wish to use it for temp testing differing review components, so it would be nice to have a probe i can easily deattach and reattach without too much fuss.

:) Can anyone recommend any for me?

Ask a Question