TCP/IP won't renew to router's addy

Rachael

Below is my original post.

I don't have ICS (assuming that's internet connection
sharing) set up, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I went home last night. Now, I can't even connect to the
internet direct without the router. I thought my ISP was
down, but when I called, they couldn't find any network
outages. My ISP tried everything to release and renew my
IP. I could ping their ip, and they could ping me, but I
coudn't get on the internet at all last night.

She figured I must have some kind of internal firewall or
something running that's screwing up things. I have
this "IPv6" thing in XP. Could that be it? And there's
ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) which I turned off.
What could that be doing to prevent proper IP renewal? Is
there anything else in XP that's built in that might be
causing it.

I have norton anit-virus, but I don't think that would
impact it.

I'm desperate here. My computer is out of warranty (just
barely), so I can't call them. Help!