Taskmanager,regedit &system restore problem

G

Hi, I had several nasty infections last month which I have gotten rid of with etrust antivirus, spybot S&D,webroot spy sweeper, ad aware & pest patrol. I do have a lingering difficulty in that Taskmanager,regedit &system restore all will start but "blink" off before I can use them....with sytem restore It goes through the whole process and restarts only to say it can't restore to that point(or any others). If I right click on task bar and start taskmanager(or press control+alt+del) I can see the box for about 3 seconds and then closes by itself....the same thing happens when I try to run regedit. I need help with this problem please! Thanks for your time,

G

Thanks Wesley, made the copies and they run, cant find the bugger that started the trouble, though. looked for all names sugested and downloaded Process Explorer which is quite a brilliant piece of work, Thanks for your time, MLS

Ask a Question