Task tabs of running softwares(IE..etc) not shown on windows task

Hi All,

Please help me with this problem, when I turned on my computer today, my
windows xp taskbar messed up, Quick Launch tabs all over the taskbar, and
when I open IE or other softwares, I can not see these task tabs on the
taskbar(taskbar is visible), if i minimize IE, then it becomes invisible, if
I want to use IE again, I need to use Alt+Tab key to switch among running
softwares. All the task tabs are invisible. I don't know what happened to
windows xp.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

David

Rock

David said:
Hi All,

Please help me with this problem, when I turned on my computer today, my
windows xp taskbar messed up, Quick Launch tabs all over the taskbar, and
when I open IE or other softwares, I can not see these task tabs on the
taskbar(taskbar is visible), if i minimize IE, then it becomes invisible, if
I want to use IE again, I need to use Alt+Tab key to switch among running
softwares. All the task tabs are invisible. I don't know what happened to
windows xp.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

David

Hi Rock,

Thanks for the reply, however, why do I need to download and install some
software? I believe I just have changed some settings of windows taskbar, and
I need to change the settings, I don't think I need to run some fix program
to fix this problem.

Any windows xp expert here? please help, running programs are missing from
taskbar.

Kelly

David,

Move the glider over toward the Start button to minimize the Quick Launch
section, once the taskbar is unlocked. If that doesn't help you will find
the fixes on my tweaks page or via the link already given.

As per your reply to Rock, "that software" which I wrote repairs the
registry, it isn't a third party add-on.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

Kelly

Thank you!

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Your settings are corrupted. Run the program.

Rock

David said:
Hi Rock,

Thanks for the reply, however, why do I need to download and install some
software? I believe I just have changed some settings of windows taskbar, and
I need to change the settings, I don't think I need to run some fix program
to fix this problem.

Any windows xp expert here? please help, running programs are missing from
taskbar.

:

Nope you don't need to run the program, you need to fix the corrupted
settings, which, by the way, the tool I pointed you to will do. Of
course you can leave things as they are and live with it.

Kelly

You are most welcome and glad to hear it. Your feedback is greatly
appreciated. :blush:)