task manager issues!

G

hey i'm having some issues with my task manager when i click ctrl alt delete to enter it it says "Take Manager has been disabled by your administrater" which is very odd seeing as how i am the administrater of this computer and i never disabled the task manager. i even tried right clicking on the task bar but on the menu for that it shows task manager in very light print and it doesnt do anything when i click it. i'm assuming it was probobly a virus that did this, so i want to know how to enable task manager again. any help would be greatly appreciated!

G

-Dave- said:
hey i'm having some issues with my task manager when i click ctrl alt delete to enter it it says "Take Manager has been disabled by your administrater" which is very odd seeing as how i am the administrater of this computer and i never disabled the task manager. i even tried right clicking on the task bar but on the menu for that it shows task manager in very light print and it doesnt do anything when i click it. i'm assuming it was probobly a virus that did this, so i want to know how to enable task manager again. any help would be greatly appreciated!

by the way i forgot to mention i'm using windows XP

J

Jon

This link may help

http://is-it-true.org/nt/xp/registry/rtips23.shtml

Jon

-Dave- said:
hey i'm having some issues with my task manager when i click ctrl alt
delete to enter it it says "Take Manager has been disabled by your
administrater" which is very odd seeing as how i am the administrater of
this computer and i never disabled the task manager. i even tried right
clicking on the task bar but on the menu for that it shows task manager in
very light print and it doesnt do anything when i click it. i'm assuming it
was probobly a virus that did this, so i want to know how to enable task
manager again. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ask a Question