David H. Lipman

From: "s2gz" <[email protected]>

| A virus (Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen!) was detected and removed from my
| computer by windows defender shortly after McAfee redirected me from a
| harmful website (Allsp.com). After this point, my access to task manager was
| disabled, and I have no idea what other changes were made to my system. I ran
| a full virus scan from McAfee and Windows Defender, and no further viruses
| were detected. I ran a registry clean-up program and restarted my computer...

| How can I restore default settings for windows to undo any changes made
| while my computer was infected? or at least how do I get access to task
| manager again?

| I had turned system restore off prior to running the scans and removing the
| virus, so I wont be able to use that.

Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen! is a trojan, not a virus!

Please use the following to clean your PC...

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

Leythos

Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system.
Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
http://www.ms-mvp.org/

your time.

Ken Blake, MVP

A virus (Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen!) was detected and removed from my

A minor point, but just a clarification. That's a trojan, not a virus.
Despite what many people think, a trojan is *not* a type of virus.

computer by windows defender shortly after McAfee redirected me from a
harmful website (Allsp.com). After this point, my access to task manager was
disabled, and I have no idea what other changes were made to my system. I ran
a full virus scan from McAfee and Windows Defender, and no further viruses
were detected. I ran a registry clean-up program and restarted my computer...

How can I restore default settings for windows to undo any changes made
while my computer was infected? or at least how do I get access to task
manager again?

It sounds like you are still infected. Try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Jose

A virus (Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen!) was detected and removed from my
computer by windows defender shortly after McAfee redirected me from a
harmful website (Allsp.com). After this point, my access to task manager was
disabled, and I have no idea what other changes were made to my system. Iran
a full virus scan from McAfee and Windows Defender, and no further viruses
were detected. I ran a registry clean-up program and restarted my computer...

How can I restore default settings for windows to undo any changes made
while my computer was infected? or at least how do I get access to task
manager again?

I had turned system restore off prior to running the scans and removing the
virus, so I wont be able to use that.

Never run a registry cleanup program. Accept the fact that there is
no such thing no matter what you are told.

If you use a restore point made n the past, you may just restore the
problem again.

When you get done scanning with MBAM, SA, and AVG (all free) find out
if Start, Run, regedit works. Also try Start, Run, cmd.

Jose

Leythos

From: "Leythos" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Subject: Re: Task Manager Disabled After Virus Infection and Removal
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 11:35:10 -0700

Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system.
Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
http://www.PIRATE.org/

your time.

The character known as PCBUTTS1 posted the above, he has been
impersonating me for almost a full week because he's an unethical hack
and completely dishonest.

Do not visit his website, it contains pirated code, has contained filthy
pornographic material, and is on most some block-lists.

Following any advice from PCBUTTS would put your system at risk.

Abuse complaint sent to ATT/Prodigy.

Elmo

s2gz said:
A virus (Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen!) was detected and removed from my
computer by windows defender shortly after McAfee redirected me from a
harmful website (Allsp.com). After this point, my access to task manager was
disabled, and I have no idea what other changes were made to my system. I ran
a full virus scan from McAfee and Windows Defender, and no further viruses
were detected. I ran a registry clean-up program and restarted my computer...

How can I restore default settings for windows to undo any changes made
while my computer was infected? or at least how do I get access to task
manager again?

I had turned system restore off prior to running the scans and removing the
virus, so I won't be able to use that.

Line 113. Enable the Task Manager - Disable - Repair
Line 275. Lift Restrictions - TM, Regedit and CMD

Leythos

How many complaints are you going to file before you will realize that it is
not a valid complaint and nothing will be done? Are going to file a
complaint on everyone who posts with the name Leythos. You need to grow up.

I will continue to file complaints as long as the abuse continues - it's
that simple.

What you fail to understand is the damage you do to your already poor
reputation and poor image with each post Chris.