Windows XP tammyaz

Reaction score
I was having problems with my computer being slow. I spoke to the guy at Best Buy and he recommened that I back up all of my pictures, docs and videos and re-enstall Windows XP. I did that and now I don't have sound and I have big yellow question marks next to the following items:

Multimedia Audio Control
SMBUS Controller
Other PCI Bridge Devise

I have Window XP operating system, ASUStek model K8N ver. 1.xx, and my CPU is AMD Anthlon 64 processor 3000+ 2.01 GHz 512 MB or RAM

I'm sorry, but I'm not a computer expert by far, but people here in Tucson charge insane amounts of money to work on computers. I'm a full time student and if I can fix this myself, I would be very happy. If I can't, then I'll just take my computer to someone to fix.

Reaction score
Hiya Tammy

You need to install all drivers for your version of that motherboard

does the board have more letters after it "K8N ***"?

More letters or number should be present, you need these to clarify your exact model so you can search on the Asus website just to make sure.

You need to install All system drivers which will be available in several different packages to download

Here is a link for the model you posted

http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=zigzffr75jWJ7j2y

Click download tab for all drivers

Ask a Question