Talk Talk broadband free for one year !

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I was in the Car Phone Warehouse as I needed a new phone and I saw an offer for Talk Talk Broadband. It comes with the same stuff they advertise on line for the £6.49 package aswell as your stamdard £10.50 BT line rental. However if you sign up for 18 months then you only pay the £10.50 BT Charge for the first 12 months and then for the last 6 months you pay the extra £ 6.49. So you end up with free phone and broadband for one whole year. There is a one of set up payment of £29.99 but you get a free wireless modem in the package.

Me question is does anyone use or know of anyone using Talk Talk ? An is the service any good ?

They say you can use any othere modem but it has to be ADSL2+.

So can I use my BT220V modem for a back up or will that not work any more ?

Will I have to have some Talk Talk software on me pc ?

Thanks.

:D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
A clan mates on Talk talk, he hates it so very much.... Slow downloads and high pings.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ta V_R . Do you know what speeds he gets for downloads ? I know most of you folk are on fairly fast connections so his slow may not be the same as mine.

Any idea on the othere Q's I raised ?

:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Carphone Warehouse sucks.

Talk Talk sucks.

I hate Carphone Warehouse so so much.

They ripped me off.

Stay away from them.

Nothing, in this life, is for free.

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't go near Talk Talk, even with a very, very long bargepole!

We did try them out when we lived in Manchester. First of all, they switched us over from BT without telling us the date on which the transfer would occur and so we were without broadband for 2 days until I got back from a business trip and managed to extract the login info out of them (they wouldn't tell my husband because the account was in my name).

Then about 6 months later our broadband died completely, no signal whatsoever on the line and all their tech support would tell me was that it was my fault for not using their modem!!! What's more, they refused to allow me to speak to second-line tech support unless I obtained their modem. This went on for about 3 weeks before the broadband mysteriously returned, apparently of it's own accord.

It goes without saying that we swapped providers as quickly as we could after that.

Reaction score
We were with Talk -Talk for phone calls.
Moved to Sky & are saving £££££.

Ask a Question