Table Cannot be modified!

Reaction score
I didn't create this database, the creator has left the company, and I've been left to handle it.
I would like to edit a property in a table on the database to eliminate duplicate entries which is an ongoing problem with the database users. When I click on the design view button I get this message "Table 'Table Name' is a linked table with some properties that cannot be modified. Do you want to open it anyway?" Then there's a "yes" and a "no" button. If I click yes it opens the table in design view as normal, if I click no it doesn't open it at all. If I click yes and go to edit the indexed option to "Yes No Duplicates" it states on the right in red text "This property cannot be modified in linked tables." If I try to save it it gives me another message stating "Microsoft Access can't save property changes for linked tables. Do you want to continue anyway?" Then once again I get a "yes and "no" button. I would really like to edit this table! Can anyone help me with this please?

Thanks in advance.
PS I am running MS Access 2002 SP3

Ask a Question