Table Background Tiling

(1) How do I set up the background of my table so that it does not tile? I
would like it to float.

(2) What is the code for centering a table vertically on a page? I was able
to set the table to center horizontally, but it is still showing at the top
of the page, instead of the center.

This is how page currently appears:

background="Bios%20-%20v2.jpg" id="table1" height="425" style="border-width:
0px; " cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

~Lisa

Stefan B Rusynko

Table backgrounds (not supported by NN4) are like page backgrounds - the tile by ht nature of html
You can try to apply the background using css (not globally supported) and setting it to no repeat

style="background-image: url('YOURFILEHERE'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-position: left
top"

PS
remove spaces from file names - breaks links and cause the %20 in
Bios%20-%20v2.jpg

--

| (1) How do I set up the background of my table so that it does not tile? I
| would like it to float.
|
| (2) What is the code for centering a table vertically on a page? I was able
| to set the table to center horizontally, but it is still showing at the top
| of the page, instead of the center.
|
| This is how page currently appears:

| background="Bios%20-%20v2.jpg" id="table1" height="425" style="border-width:
| 0px; " cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
|

| Thanks in advance for your help. :)
|
| ~Lisa

Murray

Table backgrounds ARE supported in NN4 (but you have to use extra steps to
make them work the way you want).

Not also that the code suggested by Stefan will additionally fix your
background to the page as if it were a watermark, and this may not be what
you want.

So, a better approach would be this -

style="background-image: url('YOURFILEHERE'); background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position:center center;"

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Stefan,

A few months ago someone (I think Kathleen) posted a link to a site that has a really nice graphical table of what features are supported by which browsers...I can't seem to find it now...Do you know where it's at??

I think it'd be helpful to post it once in a while...plus I need it anyway :)

Rob

| Table backgrounds (not supported by NN4) are like page backgrounds - the tile by ht nature of html
| You can try to apply the background using css (not globally supported) and setting it to no repeat
|
| style="background-image: url('YOURFILEHERE'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-position: left
| top"
|
| PS
| remove spaces from file names - breaks links and cause the %20 in
| Bios%20-%20v2.jpg
|
| --
|
| _____________________________________________
| SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| _____________________________________________
|

| | (1) How do I set up the background of my table so that it does not tile? I
| | would like it to float.
| |
| | (2) What is the code for centering a table vertically on a page? I was able
| | to set the table to center horizontally, but it is still showing at the top
| | of the page, instead of the center.
| |
| | This is how page currently appears:
| |
| | background="Bios%20-%20v2.jpg" id="table1" height="425" style="border-width:
| | 0px; " cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
| |
| |
| | Thanks in advance for your help. :)
| |
| | ~Lisa

Stefan B Rusynko

See HTML Support History at
http://www.eskimo.com/~bloo/indexdot/html/index5.htm

--

Stefan,

A few months ago someone (I think Kathleen) posted a link to a site that has a really nice graphical table of what features are
supported by which browsers...I can't seem to find it now...Do you know where it's at??

I think it'd be helpful to post it once in a while...plus I need it anyway :)

Rob

| Table backgrounds (not supported by NN4) are like page backgrounds - the tile by ht nature of html
| You can try to apply the background using css (not globally supported) and setting it to no repeat
|
| style="background-image: url('YOURFILEHERE'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-position:
left
| top"
|
| PS
| remove spaces from file names - breaks links and cause the %20 in
| Bios%20-%20v2.jpg
|
| --
|
| _____________________________________________
| SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| _____________________________________________
|

| | (1) How do I set up the background of my table so that it does not tile? I
| | would like it to float.
| |
| | (2) What is the code for centering a table vertically on a page? I was able
| | to set the table to center horizontally, but it is still showing at the top
| | of the page, instead of the center.
| |
| | This is how page currently appears:
| |
| | background="Bios%20-%20v2.jpg" id="table1" height="425" style="border-width:
| | 0px; " cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
| |
| |
| | Thanks in advance for your help. :)
| |
| | ~Lisa

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

So was the original page posted months ago...this is not the same one but it is better than the other one..

Thanks to Stefan too.

| Ugh - that's an ugly page....
|
| --
| Murray
|
| | > See HTML Support History at
| > http://www.eskimo.com/~bloo/indexdot/html/index5.htm
| >

| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________

| > A few months ago someone (I think Kathleen) posted a link to a site that
| > has a really nice graphical table of what features are
| > supported by which browsers...I can't seem to find it now...Do you know
| > where it's at??
| >
| > I think it'd be helpful to post it once in a while...plus I need it anyway
| > :)
| >
| > Rob

| > tile by ht nature of html
| > | You can try to apply the background using css (not globally supported)
| > and setting it to no repeat
| > |
| > | style="background-image: url('YOURFILEHERE'); background-repeat:
| > no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-position:
| > left
| > | top"
| > |
| > | PS
| > | remove spaces from file names - breaks links and cause the %20 in
| > | Bios%20-%20v2.jpg
| > |
| > | --
| > |
| > | _____________________________________________
| > | SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > | "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > | To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > | http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > | _____________________________________________
| > |
| > |
| > tile? I
| > | |
| > was able
| > the top
| > | |
| > | |
| > style="border-width:
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > |
| > |

First, thanks very much for the help.

Okay, I've tried (well, i hope I did it right) to fix the page as you guys
have recommended. However, I'm just not seeing the results. Perhaps, I just
don't understand exactly how to do it. Here is what I did:

url('Bios-OutlinedTextured.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background
position:center center;" id="table1" height="425" cellspacing="0"
cellpadding="0">
<!-- MSTableType="layout" -->

Now, I'm not even seeing the background at all. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Lisa

Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®) said:
So was the original page posted months ago...this is not the same one but it is better than the other one..

Thanks to Stefan too.

| Ugh - that's an ugly page....
|
| --
| Murray
|
| | > See HTML Support History at
| > http://www.eskimo.com/~bloo/indexdot/html/index5.htm
| >

| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________

| > A few months ago someone (I think Kathleen) posted a link to a site that
| > has a really nice graphical table of what features are
| > supported by which browsers...I can't seem to find it now...Do you know
| > where it's at??
| >
| > I think it'd be helpful to post it once in a while...plus I need it anyway
| > :)
| >
| > Rob

| > tile by ht nature of html
| > | You can try to apply the background using css (not globally supported)
| > and setting it to no repeat
| > |
| > | style="background-image: url('YOURFILEHERE'); background-repeat:
| > no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-position:
| > left
| > | top"
| > |
| > | PS
| > | remove spaces from file names - breaks links and cause the %20 in
| > | Bios%20-%20v2.jpg
| > |
| > | --
| > |
| > | _____________________________________________
| > | SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > | "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > | To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > | http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > | _____________________________________________
| > |
| > |
| > tile? I
| > | |
| > was able
| > the top
| > | |
| > | |
| > style="border-width:
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > |
| > |

Well, I can now see the background - I didn't have a hyphen between
"background position." Oops! But, the background it is still not
watermarking within the table.

Also, I don't see a difference with or without "background-attachment." Is
that really necessary for the background to watermark?

Please help.

Thanks.

Lisa

Lisa said:
First, thanks very much for the help.

Okay, I've tried (well, i hope I did it right) to fix the page as you guys
have recommended. However, I'm just not seeing the results. Perhaps, I just
don't understand exactly how to do it. Here is what I did:

url('Bios-OutlinedTextured.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background
position:center center;" id="table1" height="425" cellspacing="0"
cellpadding="0">
<!-- MSTableType="layout" -->

Now, I'm not even seeing the background at all. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Lisa

Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®) said:
So was the original page posted months ago...this is not the same one but it is better than the other one..

Thanks to Stefan too.

| Ugh - that's an ugly page....
|
| --
| Murray
|
| | > See HTML Support History at
| > http://www.eskimo.com/~bloo/indexdot/html/index5.htm
| >

| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________

| > A few months ago someone (I think Kathleen) posted a link to a site that
| > has a really nice graphical table of what features are
| > supported by which browsers...I can't seem to find it now...Do you know
| > where it's at??
| >
| > I think it'd be helpful to post it once in a while...plus I need it anyway
| > :)
| >
| > Rob

| > tile by ht nature of html
| > | You can try to apply the background using css (not globally supported)
| > and setting it to no repeat
| > |
| > | style="background-image: url('YOURFILEHERE'); background-repeat:
| > no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-position:
| > left
| > | top"
| > |
| > | PS
| > | remove spaces from file names - breaks links and cause the %20 in
| > | Bios%20-%20v2.jpg
| > |
| > | --
| > |
| > | _____________________________________________
| > | SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > | "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > | To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > | http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > | _____________________________________________
| > |
| > |
| > tile? I
| > | |
| > was able
| > the top
| > | |
| > | |
| > style="border-width:
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > |
| > |

Murray

Lisa:

A table background will not 'watermark' since the table doesn't scroll.

What is it you are trying to accomplish?

--
Murray

Lisa said:
First, thanks very much for the help.

Okay, I've tried (well, i hope I did it right) to fix the page as you
guys
have recommended. However, I'm just not seeing the results. Perhaps, I
just
don't understand exactly how to do it. Here is what I did:

url('Bios-OutlinedTextured.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat;
background
position:center center;" id="table1" height="425" cellspacing="0"
cellpadding="0">
<!-- MSTableType="layout" -->

Now, I'm not even seeing the background at all. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Lisa

Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®) said:
So was the original page posted months ago...this is not the same one
but it is better than the other one..

Thanks to Stefan too.

| Ugh - that's an ugly page....
|
| --
| Murray
|
| | > See HTML Support History at
| > http://www.eskimo.com/~bloo/indexdot/html/index5.htm
| >

| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________
| >

| > "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)"
<[email protected]>

| > A few months ago someone (I think Kathleen) posted a link to a site
that
| > has a really nice graphical table of what features are
| > supported by which browsers...I can't seem to find it now...Do you
know
| > where it's at??
| >
| > I think it'd be helpful to post it once in a while...plus I need it
anyway
| > :)
| >
| > Rob

| > tile by ht nature of html
| > | You can try to apply the background using css (not globally
supported)
| > and setting it to no repeat
| > |
| > | style="background-image: url('YOURFILEHERE'); background-repeat:
| > no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-position:
| > left
| > | top"
| > |
| > | PS
| > | remove spaces from file names - breaks links and cause the %20
in
| > | Bios%20-%20v2.jpg
| > |
| > | --
| > |
| > | _____________________________________________
| > | SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > | "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > | To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > | http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > | _____________________________________________
| > |
| > |
| > tile? I
| > | |
| > was able
| > the top
| > | |
| > | |
| > style="border-width:
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > |
| > |

I pretty much gave up in trying figure out how to set a background image to a
page as a watermark without it tiling. So, I thought I'd try it in a table.

Is there a way to set a cell of the table with a scroll, so that I can
accomplish it? Or do you have a better idea for me. (I would be sooooo
grateful if you could finally help me.)

Thanks!

Lisa

:

So was the original page posted months ago...this is not the same one
but it is better than the other one..

Thanks to Stefan too.

| Ugh - that's an ugly page....
|
| --
| Murray
|
| | > See HTML Support History at
| > http://www.eskimo.com/~bloo/indexdot/html/index5.htm
| >

| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________
| >

| > "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)"
<[email protected]>

| > A few months ago someone (I think Kathleen) posted a link to a site
that
| > has a really nice graphical table of what features are
| > supported by which browsers...I can't seem to find it now...Do you
know
| > where it's at??
| >
| > I think it'd be helpful to post it once in a while...plus I need it
anyway
| > :)
| >
| > Rob

| > tile by ht nature of html
| > | You can try to apply the background using css (not globally
supported)
| > and setting it to no repeat
| > |
| > | style="background-image: url('YOURFILEHERE'); background-repeat:
| > no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-position:
| > left
| > | top"
| > |
| > | PS
| > | remove spaces from file names - breaks links and cause the %20
in
| > | Bios%20-%20v2.jpg
| > |
| > | --
| > |
| > | _____________________________________________
| > | SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > | "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > | To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > | http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > | _____________________________________________
| > |
| > |
| > tile? I
| > | |
| > was able
| > the top
| > | |
| > | |
| > style="border-width:
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > |
| > |

Murray

body { background-attachment: fixed; }

That will watermark the page.

Putting it in a table will not.

--
Murray

Lisa said:
Well, I can now see the background - I didn't have a hyphen between
"background position." Oops! But, the background it is still not
watermarking within the table.

Also, I don't see a difference with or without "background-attachment."
Is
that really necessary for the background to watermark?

Please help.

Thanks.

Lisa

:

First, thanks very much for the help.

Okay, I've tried (well, i hope I did it right) to fix the page as you
guys
have recommended. However, I'm just not seeing the results. Perhaps,
just
don't understand exactly how to do it. Here is what I did:

url('Bios-OutlinedTextured.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat;
background
position:center center;" id="table1" height="425" cellspacing="0"
cellpadding="0">
<!-- MSTableType="layout" -->

Now, I'm not even seeing the background at all. What am I doing
wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Lisa

:

So was the original page posted months ago...this is not the same
one
but it is better than the other one..

Thanks to Stefan too.

| Ugh - that's an ugly page....
|
| --
| Murray
|
| | > See HTML Support History at
| > http://www.eskimo.com/~bloo/indexdot/html/index5.htm
| >

| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________
| >

| > "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)"
<[email protected]>

| > A few months ago someone (I think Kathleen) posted a link to a
site
that
| > has a really nice graphical table of what features are
| > supported by which browsers...I can't seem to find it now...Do
you
know
| > where it's at??
| >
| > I think it'd be helpful to post it once in a while...plus I need
it
anyway
| > :)
| >
| > Rob

| > tile by ht nature of html
| > | You can try to apply the background using css (not globally
supported)
| > and setting it to no repeat
| > |
| > | style="background-image: url('YOURFILEHERE');
background-repeat:
| > no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-position:
| > left
| > | top"
| > |
| > | PS
| > | remove spaces from file names - breaks links and cause the
%20
in
| > | Bios%20-%20v2.jpg
| > |
| > | --
| > |
| > | _____________________________________________
| > | SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > | "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > | To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > | http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > | _____________________________________________
| > |
| > |