system restore no restore point

John Hind

when I try to restore to an earlier point I keep getting message "n
ghanges to your computer have been made try another restore point. th
system restore is switched on

Parrôtt

John Hind said:
when I try to restore to an earlier point I keep getting message "no
ghanges to your computer have been made try another restore point. the
system restore is switched on.

Right click [My Computer] [Properties] then click on System Restore tab.
Put a check in the box for Disable Restore on all drives.
Click apply, then Reboot your PC.
After the system reboots, navigate to the System Restore tab and turn it
back on. Click apply.
Navigate to [System Tools] [Restore...] and choose [Create a Restore Point]
Provide a name for the new restore point.
Try and restore the new point just created. It should work properly.

HTH

God Bless... :)

Bill in Co.

Parrôtt said:
John Hind said:
when I try to restore to an earlier point I keep getting message "no
ghanges to your computer have been made try another restore point. the
system restore is switched on.

Right click [My Computer] [Properties] then click on System Restore tab.
Put a check in the box for Disable Restore on all drives.
Click apply, then Reboot your PC.
After the system reboots, navigate to the System Restore tab and turn it
back on. Click apply.
Navigate to [System Tools] [Restore...] and choose [Create a Restore
Point]
Provide a name for the new restore point.
Try and restore the new point just created. It should work properly.

But if he does that, he will permanently lose any preexisting restore
points. Maybe at this point it doesn't matter though.

Mick Murphy

If you are using Norton, disable it before using System Restore.

And try TAPPING F8 at startup, and go into Safe mode from the list of options.
Do a SR from there.

John Hind

--
John Hind-

Right click [My Computer] [Properties] then click on System Restore
tab.
Put a check in the box for Disable Restore on all drives.
Click apply, then Reboot your PC.
After the system reboots, navigate to the System Restore tab and turn
it
back on. Click apply.
Navigate to [System Tools] [Restore...] and choose [Create a Restore
Point]
Provide a name for the new restore point.
Try and restore the new point just created. It should work properly.

HTH

God Bless... :)
tried that and it didn't work still getting platte account icon