Sysprep with Volume LIcence

Jonathan

Have created an image ready to roll out to all PC's.
Created a sysprep.inf file which has included
ProductKey=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx which is our
valid Volume Licence Key. On reboot after sysprep error
message appears saying that the Product Key is invalid.
Am using sysprep ver2.0 on Windows XP with SP1
Any help appreciated

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Did you use the Windows XP Volume License installation CD when you
created your sysprep image?

How to Use Sysprep with Windows Product Activation or Volume License Media
to Deploy Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299840&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

| Have created an image ready to roll out to all PC's.
| Created a sysprep.inf file which has included
| ProductKey=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx which is our
| valid Volume Licence Key. On reboot after sysprep error
| message appears saying that the Product Key is invalid.
| Am using sysprep ver2.0 on Windows XP with SP1
| Any help appreciated

George Ellis

Did you use the VLA code with the VLA key? The non-VLA code will not
recognize a VLA key and vice versa.

Scott McArthur [MSFT]

Jonathan,

The volume license key will only work on a volume license media. Are you
sure you are using the volume media?

Scott McArthur[MS]
Microsoft Windows Server Setup Support