Sysprep for multiproc or Uniproc

JeffO

I now have a SYSPREP.INF file that will strip the hardware
configuration at the time sysprep is run and will plug-n-
play without BSOD regardless of IDE or SCSI drives and
regardless of controller.
But I still BSOD when putting my sysprep'd image onto a
dual processor PC.
What line(s) do I have to add to strip out the ACPI
configuration and force it to reconfig next time the image
is booted?

JeffO

Would this be it?
Root\ACPI_HAL=%systemroot%\inf\hal.inf
What would the [sectionname] be?

Scott McArthur [MSFT]

Jeff,

You cannot do this. You must create separate images for each HAL type you
have. This article discusses our support policy. It is focused on Windows
XP but most of the concepts still apply

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;309283

Scott McArthur[MS]
Microsoft Windows Server Setup Support